free hit
counters
What's this for? - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rogerch

What's this for?

Us who drive on the correct side of the road ie Uk, and Australia, in the driver's side foot well, next to the throttle padal, there is a pipe comes down, looks like a real pain to carpet around. Before I make up brakes to rivet it tighter to the foot well, What is it, any one know?

Roger :D

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

a/c??

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

a/c??

Don't think so, air con pipes are passenger side on mine, and this is much smaller diamiter.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Can you take a pic?

The only things that might be there are the throttle cable but that will be going in the other direction towards the rear of the centre console and some wiring harnesses. I'm not sure if the speedo cable is routed through there via the sill but it might be if it's been re-routed? Is it a vacuum pipe?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Vacum pipe sounds good, but here's a pic. it's runing down right along side the throttle pedal.

Roger

Vacum pipe sounds good, but here's a pic. it's runing down right along side the throttle pedal.

Roger

I'm still trying to find out what this pipe is for, in the above picture, it runs verticaly between the throttle pedal and the wheel arch, seems to take up a lot of room, I take size 6 in shoes and wonder how anyone with bigger feet (most people ) drive one of these things.

I want to tie back against the wheel arch, makes recarpeting easier, and even I, could use a bit more foot room!

Roger :lol:

I'd suggest having a look to see where it goes from there (through the floor, along the sill etc), and where it goes up behind the dash (mirror/ camera) and maybe somebody could work it out from that.

Another good bit of info is, what model of car exactly, and does it have air con etc.

Andy

Would it be the vacuum pipe which controls the heater flaps by any chance?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It looks like it should come out under the brake servo, but at the top it turns right, toward the whel arch, and becomes untraceable. At the bottom it also turns right, and disapears into the lower portion of the wheelarch.

I have had the sills out, a big red wire, it take it from the battery, cables to the hand brake, for the warning light, hand brake cables, fuel flap cables. and seat belt abchorage.

Its a stiff plastice, so I figure it's not a wireing loom, it could be vacum, but I thought thar went up via the "A" pilar.

Before I go waking it with a clamp and a rivet to the wheel arch, I'd like to know what it is.

Roger B)