free hit
counters
Calling All Brake Gurus - Page 14 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Thanks for that, I have just rebuilt the front end no leaks and pads and brakes all good, all new poly bushes front and rear, it did this before I had the rebuild so all of the more obvious issues have been addressed.  

It only happens when the abs starts pumping, it sort of releases the brakes for a split second and I seem to have no brakes then it seems to apply it more to the off side brake than the near side brake, so pulling me to the right violently at speed.....would that relate to a pressure switch on that wheel...or a cable or something...

I have all the leads and programs i will take another look and see what it tells me...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bibs, Any news on the new switch mate? I know a few of the local guys out here in dire need of this part!

Hans Clear your PM box out ,i may have a solution for your switch

Here's my experience. Shortly after I bought my car one of the first things I did was replace the accumulator due to the low accumulator code. After a thorough bleed my ABS light stayed off for abou

Posted Images

okay its the sensor on the near side wheel, it is all broken up and not reading properly...getting one ordered and will be back on for next week...whoo hoo, will have goodish brakes..

Has anyone upgraded to 6 pots at all...is it worth the hassle.../cost...

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

nope its something else, the car has an abs problem, when the abs is off the brakes work fine, no pulling no odd sensations and no problem with pulling right.  with the abs on its night mare time, ie i get heavy unloading of the brakes as if they have come off completely and it pulls to one side usually to the right as if she has been sent there in a hurry, very dangerous.  I am nervous to leave the ABS of all the time but think this is my only choice....is it likely that its a weak pump or is the the ABS unit itself...any ideas...it makes the car undriveable to be honest...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

well it May 2020, and I need a ABS High temp switch!!! I have read all the post...and has anyone come up with a replacement switch for this GM Part # 88927270. Regards Dean South Florida USA

There is an option available from Lotus Marques in Victoria, Australia.

I believe someone on here also had found an option. If you search in here you may find something.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.