free hit
counters
Amazing car find! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Amazing car find!

t70

Well the title pretty much says it all. I can't believe that this car even exists. 16 years old, and still wrapped in the original plastic from the factory. The car was so untouched that the trip odomoter was not even reset in the first picture i received of it. Here's some shots (btw... anybody who would like to purchase this wonderful machine may certainly pm me :D )

post-3007-1200550366.jpg

post-3007-1200550381.jpg

You may now ask -- what's that in the window... and the response -- "why that's the original factory MSRP sticker" UNBELIEVABLE!

post-3007-1200550393.jpg

post-3007-1200550411.jpg

post-3007-1200550424.jpg

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shame, drivers car undriven...but its only a ferrari, so no great loss........

most of the above was said in jest

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Coooooooooooooooool.

I prefer the F50 but that's an amazing find! Needs to be in a museum I think, Ferrari might like it back! :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Excellent.....wonder what that will sell for?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

oh....and the next time someone looks at an esprit, and comments on how cheap the interior looks, I'm going to kick them square in the bollocks

how much was an f40?......

Amazing car, have you ever seen the body work on one? the paint is so thin you can see the weave through it. Mind you the dash looks like it was covered by carpet right.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Ferrari might like it back :)

:yes

Amazing car, but if driven would it make it to the bottom of the road without busting its seals? ... remember though guys theres a red, never been sold, 89 turbo SE for sale on the island of Langkawi with 170 miles on it... at least there was in 2004 when I spotted it.

I believe cars should be driven, but I also believe that a few should be preserved. If 500 of something are made and 5 or 10 are preserved and never driven, I think that is ideal. It's nice to have a few perfect original examples to serve as a basis for the restoration of others.

Edited by Tony K

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1983 Turbo Esprit, Investor Edition #03

1991 Esprit SE

Somebody must have had quite a bit of excess cash to purchase one new and then sock it away without using it...

There seems to be no shortage of those types (at least from the 1980's). I am not sure if it is still there or not, but a few years ago I was in Dallas, TX for work. I stopped by the Lotus Lambo dealer just to kill some time. Over in a corner, away from most everything else was a mint Lambo Countach. I stepped over to have a look and a sales man came over and noted that it was not for sale, but he would start if I desired to hear it... I did of course! Anyway, the car was bought new and never picked up! The owner just sends a check to the dealer every month for storage cost and adds a bit so that they guys there will keep it running and "rot" free! In fact, according to the dealer employee, the owner has never even seen the car in person!

Cameron

Edited by Autocross7

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

Love the F40, know of a guy who bought one new and picked it up from the factory drove it back and had it behind a glass wall.............in his basement..............in leamington spa..................by the river.............I'll go know further as the trauma of poor flood defences is to much to bear!!!!!

Ouch!!! that sounds awfulll... please don't go any further... anyhow, you all have been asking about the price... $825,000 USD

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I have an acquaintance that has owned a Saleen S7, Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster and a Maserati MC12.... and that's just in the last year!

Coooooooooooooooool.

I prefer the F50 but that's an amazing find! Needs to be in a museum I think, Ferrari might like it back! :)

Ferrari dealer Kroymans in the Netherlands yust (yesterday) bought 51 ferrari's from a private collector

i'm sure they would like to add this one

yust pm them and there might be a commision

greets Rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

Thanks!! I've sent an e-mail.

Edited by Mark T-C

I knew someone who was a manger at Rolls Royce late 80's/90's told me the Sultan Of Bruni would turn up each year and say "i'll have 50 of them all black" they would go off to spend there time unused in his garage.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

erm... it's in german.. however, I can't believe somebody would sell those cars to buy a painting! WOW