free hit
counters
How much for new clutch? - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rearwheelaction

How much for new clutch?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I hear very good things about Marcus's clutches :)

http://freudhoefer.de/lotus/esprit/products/clutch/index.htm

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Many Thanks for the flowers, Bibs ! :)

I personally would recommend our +25% clutch for your S4. Its a very well made item, produced by the very same manufacturer like the stock/original clutch. Its not harder to press than the original one, but its a bit strengthened and will hold up longer and/or take some more torque. :)

We have this one in stock.

Cheers

Marcus

www.PUKesprit.de

I hear very good things about Marcus's clutches :)

http://freudhoefer.de/lotus/esprit/products/clutch/index.htm

Marcus

Hi I be intrested to know about uprated clucthes that are +25 25 of what spring pressure/touque transmission/bhp how do people arrive at thease figures have they got a test rig or is it just the word uprated that does it If it's spring pressure then you would feel it at the pedel surley is there any evedence, like the turbo nothing offered as solid fact.

It's normally rated on torque, so able to take 25% more torque than the standard unit.

Some peole tink it means power, but that's not always the case, you can increase max power without increasing max torque.i can vouch for it not being heavy to use.

You can adjust torque capability by the materials, and the design (for example make the clutch plate move less, but use same force = more clamping force= more torque capacity), but I don't know exactly which methods they use.

Andy

Oh no ... not this kind of debate again ...

I will try to explain. The pressure plate has a slightly stronger spring (but you will not feel this with your foot on the pedal) and the friction disc is different to the original one. Its a combination of more pressure and different friction-coefficient.

The figures itself are just empiric figures from more than 5 years experience with this clutch.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi I be intrested to know about uprated clucthes that are +25 25 of what spring pressure/touque transmission/bhp how do people arrive at thease figures have they got a test rig or is it just the word uprated that does it If it's spring pressure then you would feel it at the pedel surley is there any evedence, like the turbo nothing offered as solid fact.
Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus

If this is the case and i've no reason to disbelieve you how much more is the pressure 10Nm 20Nm30Nm what are the figures printed on the cover plate 7300/7600/8300/ you must have some proof not just "it's uprated" it's meaningless.figures no bull thats what we need

Percyporsche,

JFYI there is nothing printed on the cover.

All I can tell you is the fact that this clutch will begin to slip with about 25% more torque applied compared with a stock/standard SE-S4 clutch.

I dont think this is meaningless ...

Marcus

If this is the case and i've no reason to disbelieve you how much more is the pressure 10Nm 20Nm30Nm what are the figures printed on the cover plate 7300/7600/8300/ you must have some proof not just "it's uprated" it's meaningless.figures no bull thats what we need

Marcus

Experieance is not worthless and although I have never delt with Marcus having a G-Car I would take his comments at face value based on the experiance he has had with these things.

Do you have an application you are looking for in paticular or just looking for info?

I feel a little bit sorry for Marcus here as this is the second time I can recall recently where someone has been challenging what his parts provide (remember the turbo thread?).

Having said that I feel Marcus that you're going to keep hitting this problem. There are people on this forum who trust your experience and knowledge and will willingly buy from you. However there appears to be also number of people who don't have enough experience with you to take everything you say at face value.

Marcus, you may be happy to continue serving the first group of owners only, but they are a static group who won't grow (my 2p only - word of mouth referees will be cancelled out by people who decide for whatever reason to not deal with you any more).

As someone who markets their products on this forum, I wonder if the time has come for you to invest in some proper scientific testing of your clutches and turbos, so potential customers who haven't had a chance to build a relationship with you feel more confident purchasing from you.

In my opinion the longer you don't, the more of this you're going to see.

I hope you're not offended, I'm actually trying to support you with these suggestions.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

yep i did it myself, marcus supplied the parts, i ordered the wrong ones, but he was there for me and was quite helpful. I would not hesitate to use him. . . . if you dont already have one i would buy the stainless clutch line upgrade at the same time . . . wonderful

sorry the problum is if people offer parts without extensive testing,or claims of and upgrade how do we know it may be no better or even worse than standard worse still it may be dangrous ie brake upgrades whicth don't fit properly fitted by inexperance people given advice by people who don't know how much they don't know.if that makes sense I'm just intrested how thease claims are backed up.all that is required is proof

Experieance is not worthless and although I have never delt with Marcus having a G-Car I would take his comments at face value based on the experiance he has had with these things.

Do you have an application you are looking for in paticular or just looking for info?

Since percyporshe only had his clutch replaced in Feb/March 2007 I'd like to think it's just the latter...

Anyway, instead of getting sidetracked perhaps we should get back to the OP's question i.e. approx. cost of replacing a clutch.

Haven't used Marcus's clutch but i hear great stuf for his upgraded kit

I used the S4 kit 1st sliped bad with the power I was pushing

did not have good experience with s4s

grips great but on 1st one pressure plate split in half

put the second s4s kit in and couple thousend miles later

got on it litlle harder than usual pressure plate let go again

I will be looking at custom twin disk setup, anyone done it?

if it gets to expensive I will give Marcus's kit a try

in 06

s4s kit from jae was 500usd

but u need to upgrade ur flywheel also

S4 kit I think was half of that

did the work my self

I have the 35% uprated clutch from R+B (Same as Marcus's i think). It works great.

Had my belts done as part of the C service a while back so can't remember how much just for that.

I would have absolutely no hesitation in purchasing one (uprated clutch) again from Marcus or R+B. Marcus has always been an excellent source of knowledge, help and advice for me in my first 2 years of Esprit ownership (as has been many others e.g., Peter at PNM, Steve Williams, John Welch, Steffen at R+B, Troy, Kato, Dermot etc.

At the end of the day we are talking about a clutch for a car it is not NASA mission technology and 'uprated clutches' and statistical data to back up something of this nature isn't an exact science and i would argue that unless you have everything set up on your car like 'they did in the test' the stats are always likely to be less than accurate.

Marcus i'm loving your work - Keep it up.

Roger

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Hi Gareth,

You have a PM

Cheers

Marcus

Marcus.........how much is it for the clutch? I need a timing belt to.
Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus