free hit
counters
front windscreen demisting not working - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mr.oogieboogie

front windscreen demisting not working

hello everyone. changed the fuel breather pipe today (had the old one on that had splits in it) when taking the car for a run i noticed that no air was being blown on to the windscreen although the settings are on for that, the fan is working fine any ideas would be great as it was fine yesterday

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi,

Peter, it sounds like you are having a lot of similar problems my car had when I first purchased it. If you can feel no air forcing out of the dash pod it could be a few things. The pipe has come away from the pod vent outlet or it was never refitted after someone worked on the pod because they are a bastard to get too! Use a small child if you have one handy, because you need hand that size! The bolt that holds the back of the pod on also holds the pod vent outlet duct, to remove the pod I think people move the ducting out of the way, check to see if this has been reattached, I assure you, you will notice the difference once refitted!

Another thing to check for is the vaccum pump that controls the flaps to the heater, I found as my boot floor had been removed, someone who refitted it didn't bother to check if the pipes were alright from this pump, so they got squashed, thus making all flaps redundant in the heater. Once I had replaced the squashed pipes and refitted everything worked fine. I think my heater is the best it's been since leaving the factory, cowboys some people! :)

Owen.

I would check to see that your vacum pipes on the back of air panel havn"t warped off into hyper space (bit of a pain to hook back up again),generally a 5 year olds little hand works a treat! In my case the fresh air intake flap stopped working (causeing car to mist up) now that actuator is really fun to replace (but cheap

Edited by fflyingdog

Simplest things first.

hello everyone.

does anyone have a pic of the pipes under the floor the go to the vac pump as i was in the boot yesterday (replacing the breather pipe although im sure its larger than the 10mm quoted on the lew site about 12.5mm on mine).

so im pretty sure i may have squashed these pipes, are they rubber or metal etc.

all the best

hello everyone.

does anyone have a pic of the pipes under the floor the go to the vac pump as i was in the boot yesterday (replacing the breather pipe although im sure its larger than the 10mm quoted on the lew site about 12.5mm on mine).

so im pretty sure i may have squashed these pipes, are they rubber or metal etc.

all the best

The pipes that draw vacum for your heater controls are a micro bore plastic tube no more than 3-4 mm in diameter,this pipe appears under your dash with "T" piece fittings which then disapears off to your heater controls (hook up to little poppet valves,white in colour) and two go to the fresh air intake actuator (under bonnet) and the other to the left hand side of car which operates another actuator ,this controls the air direction ,floor ,screen ,eye ball vents etc..if these peipes have popped offf which they can you would be hearing your vacum pump working all the time,you could also try moveing the heating controls (with ignition on) and listening to see if you can hear the pump stop,this should give you some idea where to head for to look for your leak.

Cheers

Nick S4s

Oops ,should add that i think the pipe to the front of car comes down the "A" post .

Edited by fflyingdog

Simplest things first.

thanks if it stops raining i will have a look.

all the best

thanks if it stops raining i will have a look. also ment to say theres no heat from the heater, should have mentioned this earlier, but there was before i was in the boot soif teh heat travels from under the boot area there is a good chance that i have squashed them

all the best

I dont think the pipe going forward is under the boot area ,the vac pump is behind the expansion tank encased in a polystyrene block you gain access by removing part of the boot wall (a few srews holding it in place ,peel carpet back)you will see your pump with plastic pipe and electrical connector,follow pipe should have "T" piece which then feeds your waste gate capsule solenoid and your EBV solenoid from the solenoids to capsules is a thicker rubber type tube,the other side of "T" piece feeds your heating controls,mine is routed into the fuel tank area forward,if you remove your carpeted 1/4 glass trim you will see it there.

Nick S4s

Edited by fflyingdog

Simplest things first.