free hit
counters
spax shocks - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sergeb666

spax shocks

Hello everybody. I purchased spax adjustable shocks sometime back for my 78 s2 esprit[ four years i think] .They seem to have worked well for the little milage that they have absorbed.Yet dispite that they are still bright yellow one front shock has developed a leak at the adjuster screw. Does anybody know if these shocks are servicable?If in the end they are not,has anybody tried the protec aluminum shocks that SJS is selling .Thanks in advance Serge.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've got a set of S&J's Protecs...very happy with them, so far, but only done 4000 miles or so, so can't comment on durability...the rears come with adjustable spring platforms so you can set the ride heights spot on...one more variable to fiddle with!! And they look nice, too.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I've got the SJ Protechs on mine too - fine, impossible to adjust the fronts though once installed. Have noticed the rears get pretty hot after a run - and lose a lot of hardness, which I thought surprising. Had Spax on other cars, with excellent results. Wouldn't think its possible or worth getting them serviced.

Hi

I fitted Protechs from SJ about 18 months ago, on the front of mine. Had a couple of niggles with fitting them, but once sorted they worked out great, I am more than pleased with them now. fully ajustable both hight & damping.

I believe some owners with the earlier suspension set up (Pre 85 with single brake discs) have had problems getting the ride hight sorted.

You might want to consider Lotus 'Bilstien' ones, if they have for your model/yr. I would have but they wern't ready in time when I needed my suspension sorting.

Daz

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

Anybody got any idea when I can get some of the original front dampers for an early turbo? I think they're Armstrong and my cdurrent ones don't leak but I suspect have some air in them. I know they may not be the best but I'd prefer to keep it original.

Thanks

Bazza