free hit
counters
Sports 350 seats - Sport 350 Technical - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CharlieC

Sports 350 seats

hello you lot in the V8 room I have a question.

Having had a sit in a 350 at the Yarmouth meet (Oct06 - thanks Jeff!!) I was wondering how possible it was to get some of said seats for my humble S4. Now as I expect they'll be pretty hard to come by so the alternative is getting something similar made up.

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EM...at_install.html

There's a link for getting a S300 seat made up but I'm curious if its possible to do the same for the 350, ie make up the shell and then get the coachtrimmers to do the rest...

Any ideas? - any pictures? Anyone else interested in such an "upgrade"?

Cheers!

Charlie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The S350 versions are not a

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Hullo Mike,

Yes I've sat in the GT seat as well and found the S350 more comfortable as well as prettier.

the GT seat would be an acceptable alternative but so far the easiest to source seems to be S300 (as shown) or those made up by R&B in Wiesbaden (which I think are pretty similar??)

Is the 350 seat made purely for the 350 I wonder?

thanks

Charlie

I think that they are only used on the S350 - that said, they are still bloody heavy.... so they could actually be specially trimmed V8 comfort seats?

Maybe an email to Lotus might help clear it up.

Good luck

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

S300 seats are much.....MUCH better than S350.

look better, miles more supportive and have the voids for a harness.

If anyone knows of any S300 seats going, I'll be selling my S350 seats if they're of interest to anyone.

the 350 is mainly a alcantara(blue) trimmed version of the ordinary V8(SE) seats , ...thats what i think

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Might be wrong, but I think the design of the 350 seat is significantly different to the regular v8 "comfort" or SE seats. They are much deeper bolstered and a lot more supportive.

As had been said, the 300 seats are great - that would be my choice :-) . Gt3 or V8-GT seats are better than the comfort seats, but the 300's are better still - deeper and with proper slots for a harness.

n.b. for usa version 350's they DID actually have the same seat as the regular cars.

right, US-Version does not look really different in my opinion.

I have seen a S350 from the "CEO" of the LotusClubDeutschland , and those seats looked also similar (but with blue alcantara upholstery instead of silver/withe trimming in the middle )

S300 seats are much.....MUCH better than S350.

look better, miles more supportive and have the voids for a harness.

If anyone knows of any S300 seats going, I'll be selling my S350 seats if they're of interest to anyone.

Daniel you should keep them. :yes I know its your car and do as you wish, but I bet the next owner will want the S350 seats with the car.

I have sat in quite a few different model V8's and the S350s are super comfy and the bolsters are bigger to keep you from moving around too much on high speed cornering. Nice. I wouldnt swap for Sport 300 seats, unless your tracking your car on a regular basis and need slots for harness etc. Putting a std seat belt through a Sport 300 seat looks a bit silly IMO.

my 10 cents worth. :)

Only got these pictures of my car when first arrived in NZ, sorry interior is dirty but you get the idea on the bolsters etc.

DSC03121.jpg

DSC03122.jpg

350.gifNo.23

sport 350 are smaller (bigger side-bolsters) ?? So that explains why i feel a loss of supporting in the back. ....Other way is to eat more :)

My seats (mainly drivers side) need some rework, so if the difference is only a thicker foam version i can do it at home.

But am i right, the overall design and type of stitching is the same to the V8 standard ?

If you have a big arse, then 350 seats are no good, just to tight. When I sat in Oneshots 350 seats, my nuts got squashed. SO if you are a big boy like me, then it has to be the V8 comfort seats. LOL

Alex

big boy yes, but with a back of a truck mechanic (which i was since the age of 16 !) so this means my bones need a bit more support in the higher ages. The inflatable pillow does not do this much. I need more "kick in the back" and support from the side on longer distance runs. A "a cat's arched back" position -if you know what i mean, is not good for the spinal column!

Alex :(:)

Gunter, I think are they are very similar looking at the pics. The lower side bolsters on the S350 actually sit taller than the pics show. The std V8 seat appears more open shaped easier to get in and out of, flatter only by a fraction??

Gunter wheres the mug shot photo? :( You changed it again so has Alex. I must be behind the times.....Off to find another profile pic

350.gifNo.23

Kylie, i could not find a picture from my Big Mans "fat arse " :) , so i decided to show what i really love to do with the car. And that means I'm interested in those seat modifications.

PS. my university web-page does still have the pic's ... . So no worrys! :(

Edited by G

If you have a big arse, then 350 seats are no good, just to tight. When I sat in Oneshots 350 seats, my nuts got squashed. SO if you are a big boy like me, then it has to be the V8 comfort seats. LOL

Alex

Thanks Alex - I don't have a big arse but thanks for the advice!

Kylie, cheers for the pics. They do look pretty much the same shape as the V8 seats. They don't look as well padded as I remember them tho but I do remember them being really snug.

I've asked Mr Fulcher about the matter and he's very kindly contacting Lotus to find out more.

Charlie

Edited by CharlieC

Well ,they go forward and back and have a wheel on the side to adjust the backrest angle...

They also have a little bulb that you pump which operates a lumbar support balloon in the seat.

R

that explains it all, they are retrimmed V8 seats ! :lol:

i prefer the flex-grinder option :devil:

the seat construction is still heavy (really heavy for a Lotus-car) , you should just look on the headrest/metal plate on top...

If i have more time in the future i modify the wide of the backrest and seat base, the height of the back(especially for a taller man) and thickness of heat upholstery -and re-weld the whole construction. In my town are enough coach-trimmer to help out.

Edited by G