free hit
counters
Good Lotus shop in the Northeast US? - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Drfatz

Good Lotus shop in the Northeast US?

Some of you may know about my Esprit project that has been going on for about 1 1/2 years now. Basically I have her together, but not running well and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I have spent the last 7 months trouble shooting the engine and have not gotten anywhere. So I am throwing in the towel and am going to take it to a pro to get looked at. My question is does anyone know of a shop capable of working on modified Esprits in the Northeast United States? I tried John at WC Engineering, but he can't take the car until June/July!!! I have tried my local dealer, but they are useless when it comes to the Esprit. Finally, I called RS Motorsports and they refuse to work on modified Esprits :D Anyone know of a good shop?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I know Michael Fridmann very well, as he services my Esprit. Michael is very knowledgeable about Lotuses...As well his racing V8 (he served as a mechanic on the Rapier Racing team that was using V8s), he's always got a few Esprits, V8's and Elises at his shop. He's currently got a gorgeous S1 that in for repair. He does everything from rebuilding engines/transmissions to race modifications. You won't find anyone more knowledgeable on the east coast.

-Chandra

91SE

Excellent! I found a guy down in MD named Don Butler who has been dealing with these cars for awhile. I am going to try him first simply because he is willing to drive up to my house and work on the car in my garage so I don't need to tow it! I will keep you posted. He came highly recommended by Ray from RD Enterprises. However, this Michael Fridmann will be getting a vist if Don and I can't get her running!

Cheers,

Graham

Sorry I just came across ths post. I keep forgettin about the USA section of this site. The mechanic I use is Mike Burke at Burkes Automotive in Eddystone PA. I have used hm for the past 5 years and he is very knowledgable about Esprits. He is the only person I will allow to work on my car. His number is 610 872 5760.

Hope that helps!

Jason

I know Michael Fridmann very well, as he services my Esprit. Michael is very knowledgeable about Lotuses...As well his racing V8 (he served as a mechanic on the Rapier Racing team that was using V8s), he's always got a few Esprits, V8's and Elises at his shop. He's currently got a gorgeous S1 that in for repair. He does everything from rebuilding engines/transmissions to race modifications. You won't find anyone more knowledgeable on the east coast.

-Chandra

91SE

+1 on this recommendation. Mike just installed a set of straight exhaust pipes for me. Nice work.

-Will

'03 V8

+1 on this recommendation. Mike just installed a set of straight exhaust pipes for me. Nice work.

-Will

'03 V8

+2 , Michael's a good guy

1995 S4s

what problems were you having mate?

Sign in to follow this