free hit
counters
Rear light conversion - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all,

I was thinking of doing the rear round light conversion on my S4s. I was looking at the conversion done on Espritperformance's web site, I don't fancy having to cut into the bodywork with a dremmel. Is there a rear panel available in the Uk that does'nt require cutting the bodywork, and if so where can I get one, and cost.

Is there much hassle in wiring up the new Led rear lights into the existing wiring loom?

Any help on the above would be greatly appriciated.

cheers

Dave

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave,

IMHO te S4s is a very unique and rare Esprit-model. You should not do this ...

Marcus

Hi all,

I was thinking of doing the rear round light conversion on my S4s. I was looking at the conversion done on Espritperformance's web site, I don't fancy having to cut into the bodywork with a dremmel. Is there a rear panel available in the Uk that does'nt require cutting the bodywork, and if so where can I get one, and cost.

Is there much hassle in wiring up the new Led rear lights into the existing wiring loom?

Any help on the above would be greatly appriciated.

cheers

Dave

Marcus

SJ Sportscars for the rear panel that doesn't need bodywork cutting.

That said, you do need to cut a little bit where the rear lights currently go, but if you went back to your old lights these areas get hidden anyway, so no real permanent damage.

Wiring is fairly straighforward. I just cut the old connectors off and resoldrered new AMP connectors on with the correct wiring sequence. Not a big job if you have the wiring diagram and a multi meter.

Use heatshrink though and solder the wires, otherwise before long you'll end up with them all blinking from bad connections.

I'm glad I made the change to mine, but I think Marcus has a point about the S4s being a rare car.

It's yours to do with what you like of course!

Edited by Glyn Harper