free hit
counters
Broken wiper arm - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Broken wiper arm

Hi all,

My wipers have packed up. The pivot for the wiper blade end of the pantograph arm has disintegrated and disappeared - currently I have the arm cable-tied to the 'head' (where the wiper blade clips on) as a get-me-home bodge on a rainy day!

post-216-1201549562.jpg

The problem is, I've forgotten what the pivot/fixing looks like that was on there - the pantogaph arm seems to sit best on top of the 'head' - is it just a 'rivet' type of fixing where the head has been flattened out to secure it? Could somebody please take a photo of their wiper arm at the point highlighted above so I can see what I'm missing?

Seems like a nut&bolt fix will work if done carefully, but a photo of the original may provide inspiration for a better way of doing it!

Thanks!

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mine is off the car at the moment so I've taken a couple of pics.

Hope these help. Let me know if you need any more.

post-2378-1201552309.jpg

post-2378-1201552484.jpg

Edited by Glyn Harper

Hi,

Some questions about the wiper arms on Esprits.

1. How noisey are other peoples? Mine seems to make quite a bit of noise, I tidied it up at the weekend, nipping the rivets in the vice to remove loose play and greasing up the socket on the secondary control arm. I have a different head to the original fitting, someone must have had the same problem and adapted the head as the arms are about

Edited by OwenGT3

Thanks for the photos guys!

Glyn - that was exactly the detail I needed :whistle:

GKP - good work, nice to see you have cable ties ready for any eventuality. I have a small toolbox in the Esprit containing a broad selection of cable ties and, if that fails to fix it, an AA card :lol:

Owen - can't say if that was a later style of wiper arm, but it's definitely not the one I'm familiar with. My rubber blade is 24" long.

Dan

Hi,

I'm on the hunt for a new wiper arm, but having just called SJ Sportscars, they have said they are hard to get now. He reckons that for my car (GT3) he's had one on order since last February, so I think it's time to modify my existing arm, which does work, but only has an 18" blade, not 24".

Owen.

Hi,

Well I've modified my wiper set up again, but this time it's closer to the original spec, but perhaps a lot cheaper. I popped in to Halfords tonight and bought a 24" Bosch wiper blade, normal blade unlike the one at the moment that is one of those spring steel stripe ones, this cost only

Edited by OwenGT3

Thanks for the update Owen, glad you're happier with your wiper action now. I've resorted to a nut & bolt fix on mine until new parts stock is available... I understand Lotus are working on it but no date has been given yet :devil:

Dan