free hit
counters
GT3 running lumpy at low revs - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GordonMasson

GT3 running lumpy at low revs

The GT3 is not running too well at low revs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds like the IAC all day long, they are relatively cheap and I think you'll be looking at

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I THINK you can wind them in and out (they're like a worm drive which moves a valve in and out).

DONT quote me on this but sometimes the IAC gets it's knickers in a twist and the code is raised - I seem to remember someone telling me to wind it in so that the gap between the body (where it meets the engine) and the back/shoulder of the valve (opposite / not the tip) is 20mm (I think this is mid way).

Put the valve back on and re-start and the ECU will move it in and out to sus the position from go.

Do that in the meantime, it might be the problem or the valve has got stuck, might save you a few quid.

facebook = [email protected]

Sounds like the IAC all day long, they are relatively cheap and I think you'll be looking at

They can stick it in the post to you as can any dealer, or try SJ's or Matty's etc?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I assume these are a GM part or the like????

Anyone know what other car uses them... i have a chance to get one localy this morning if i can figure out the source, otherwise it will probably be the weekend via Lotus.

Hi Gordon,

Found this on the cross reference spreadsheet.

Might be a U.S.A part but you never know.

A910E6942F GM 17111826; AC Delco 217-411 Idle Air Control (IAC) valve (4 cylinder Delco inject.) Match up to GM part and GM application. by Tony Grasso. Courtesy of Esprit Fact File (www.espritfactfile.com); AC Delco ref thanks to Olaf Krone

Cheers,

Keith

Calypso red '92 Esprit SE Hi-wing

Calypso red '87 Excel SE

Blue '07 BMW X3 2.0TD SE

Ordered an IAC sensor / valve from Paul Matty(

I was also under the impression that you should only reset the IAC with the ENGINE OFF. As that can cause the ECU to lose its baseline setting.

If you reset the IAC again, try doing it with the engine off, key on (of course). Then shut the key off, then start the engine.

I was also under the impression that you should only reset the IAC with the ENGINE OFF. As that can cause the ECU to lose its baseline setting.

If you reset the IAC again, try doing it with the engine off, key on (of course). Then shut the key off, then start the engine.

You live and learn Paul.... ok thanks for that, i will do a reset when i get the new IAC with teh engine off as you suggest and see how it goes.

The car did run far better for a couple of days after i reset it so i think the fault does lie with the IAC ... we will see in the next day or sao anyway.

Cheers

Gordon

How does one reset an IAC?

Using Freescan, there's an option in the software to do it.

Evora NA