free hit
counters
Hilly in PPC! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
t70

Hilly in PPC!

WOW!!! I got home today to a package in the mail. It was this months PPC magazine, wrapped in plastic. I tore open the plastic to discover... a red S3 on the cover.... with a V8??? HOLY SH$T!!!! THAT'S HILLY's!!! What a fantastic article, and now I'm going to have to re-read Hilly's build, as there is stuff in there that I don't remember.. Lots of praise was given too, as there well should be. Hilly's work is absolutely amazing. I can only aspire to such greatness! WELL DONE HILLY!!!!!!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As far as I know it is.. I won the subscription from LEF.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

yep UK mag I also won the subscription..

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Yeap, that is me in PPC

lg_issue88.jpg

They came over for the photo shoot in early December (it was the only sunny day in about 2 weeks of rain!!!).

I kept quiet about it in case the article got pulled for some reason.

I am fairly happy with the article overall, there are a couple of inaccuracies and seeing as they never drove it I don't know how they came up with the bit about how it performed ???

Still, I was careful what I said to the journalist so as not to give them a chance to rubbish the Esprit (not sure where they got the bit about the Lotus V8 engines from), I think the feature paints the Esprit in a good light.

I'll try and get some data files of the article out of PPC so we can put them on LEF.

I just need to crack on with doing some upgrades on the Mutant now, maybe if the weather is good this weekend.............

Hilly

Edited by hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

awesome - will pick up a copy tomorrow - you got a contact over there Hilly - wonder if they'd want to look over the 358 when she's done.. :)

love the strapline "Audi 4.2 Esprit.. built by one man.. on his driveway..!"

any more mpegs of the beast.. :beer:

Edited by M Blur

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

I have seen and bought a few issues of PPC here in the US, so it is available. Not sure if they have different versions or not though. I think it was at Barnes & Noble.

Chuck

Nice one hilly.

Been waiting for this to come out.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Nice one Hilly - Its been added to tomorrows shopping list.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Nice one hilly :devil:

i just got a text from my mate saying:

"Yo man get hold of this months ppc magazine. just seen an esprit on the front with an audi v8 conversion!"

I'd love to see the article if someone can get it online?

PPC are sending me a pdf version of the article, if it is OK with them then I'll post it on here.

If it isn't then you'll just have to go out and buy one, my local Tesco had loads of them on the shelf when I looked last week.

Hilly

my local Tesco had loads of them on the shelf when I looked last week.

I see a money-spinner here, Hilly - buy 'em up cheap at Tesco, then airmail personalised autographed copies worldwide to order. Think of it as recouping some of the development costs :devil:

I'm really looking froward to seeing the results of your handiwork in the, er, flesh. Are you bringing the mutant to Donny?

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

I'm really looking froward to seeing the results of your handiwork in the, er, flesh. Are you bringing the mutant to Donny?

It depends if I am free that weekend, so you never know........

Hilly

Only just got round to buying yesterday. Good article and pics. Not seen the mutant in the flesh yet but hoping to at Donnington. Nice one Hilly.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Lots of people mentioned this at the Ally Pally car show, you're very famous Hilly! :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.