free hit
counters
New G-car owner - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New G-car owner

max kalba

Hi everyone, been a lurker for a long time and finally picked up an '85 Turbo Esprit yesterday. This forum has been great in getting me prepared for Esprit ownership and I am sure will come in handy as I try to sort out problems in the future. Thanks everyone!

-Kurt

post-690-1201886244.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Max and welcome to being an Esprit owner!

Beautiful looking car, very nice :) :) :)

Make sure you check out the LEF USA threads, there are quiet a few owners local to you :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome Max - How's the Mojaba Club?

Nice car BTW...

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Nice looking G car Kurt. Guess we know what you'll be doing this weekend. Enjoy every drive!

Ian

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Welcome Max Kalba, i believe you are the owner of the club, I do see you are the owner of a very nice GUIGIARO esprit. For a minute i thought it was the one sold in Nottingham!!

Enjoy!

Bo "Fekesh" tus.

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Welcome to world of Esprit ownership, nice car :) looks a bit like mine :) great taste :)

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Welcome to the forum, nice looking car

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Lovely car Kurt. Welcome. :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...

dude

how was cars and coffee? did u bump into victor or antowane?

anyways...good to cya here n the forum

we need to go for a spin one of these days

db

btw if you took some pics (especially S1-S2 esprits or urracos) please post em

cheers

Edited by pyropolymer

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum, Kurt. Car looks good. Here's to many miles of happy motoring and canyon runs. Have you bumped into Paul (fmxa) yet? He has a V8 and also lives in the O.C. He often goes to cars and coffee in Irvine.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 7 months later...

Sorry never got back to checking this topic. I have been enjoying my Esprit and driving it every week. Also have made some trips to Cars and Coffee. Even parked next to a fellow silver '86. Thankfully, no mechanical issues since I bought it last January. Sounds great after I put on a bored out cat and deleted the muffler.

Does anyone have more than 117k miles on a G-body Esprit? This car looks and drives as well as a 45k mile Esprit. Since there are only 5 digits to the odometer, my mechanic thought it only had 17k miles!

It has been a dream to own and is in great shape. May be time to move on though, as I have my eye on other endeavors. So many cars - so little time. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.