free hit
counters
G- car replacement water hoses - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
trackmagic

G- car replacement water hoses

If any of you have researched the price of replacement hoses then you know one thing for sure ................ they are expensive from Lotus.

With the help of my local parts warehouse I was able to "match up" some alternatives. The only one that was difficult was the left side front "radiator to water pipe" (not pictured) that I has to do in two sections. JAE was talking of having this made in silicone because of the time of my asking it was $180.00.

You can see the Gates part number and hopefully you can identify the corresponding hose.

Jeff

1. Left side top section- inlet to water pump (top section with adapter)

DSC00765.jpg

2. Left hand bottom section of water pump inlet.......right side radiator to water pipe sections (three hoses from one!)

DSC00763.jpg

3. Right side lower bottom section to water pipe

DSC00762.jpg

4. Thermostat outlet to water pipe

DSC00761.jpg

As you can see there is some cutting involved but they all worked out well and saved me a considerable fortune.

www.espritturbo.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Guest Troy Halliday

A job well done and a very time consuming one I am sure.

Top work that man.

Jeff,

Really useful, thanks for providing the details.

Particularly like No3 hose.

I'd like to bring together all the information about hose substitutes/improvements in one reference, I'll add your findings into the one I have started.

Ambrose

Glad to help.

I will take a picture of the left front radiator hose and hopefully I can find the two part numbers of the hoses I used. The challenge is that Lotus has 1 1/2 tubes in the chassis and 1 1/4 radiator inlets. Silicone is great but still probably going to be pricey. Most of these hose are pretty inexpensive. Given that what I took off were original they will last awhile.

Do remember to grease the aluminum as corrosion between the hose and pipe can be a problem.

Jeff

www.espritturbo.com

Would these hoses work as replacements on a S1?. If they don't does anyone know what generic hoses might cross over?. I am trying to gather some parts to take with me on my trip from Salt Lake City, UT to Rapid City, SD.

Thanks for the help.

Gavin

Edited by gtookey