free hit
counters
Test ecu needed - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
davegtst

Test ecu needed

Anyone know where i can get an ecu for a 1990 SE? I have a problem with my cooling fans acting up and i'm near enough certain its the ecu. What i wanted to do was swap it over for a known good one and see if the problem goes away before forking out for a new one.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

When i turn the ignition on the fans start straight away. Some times they run constantly but other times they cut in and out and usually when it is up to temp they stop and the car will overheat unless i put the A/C on. The cutting in and out is sometimes very rapid and seems to be completly random. I've tested the whole cooling fan circuit and found the ecu is switching the fan relay on and off and causing all the problems. I just wanted to test a known good ecu and make sure it is definatly that. The other thought i had was to buy a chip off PUK as they alter the temps at which the fans cut in and out. I don't know if this would solve it but i did want to get a chip anyway.

did u use free scan?

I think the ecu and ur gauge read from different senders

maybe u have bad water temp sender for the ecu

I had a similar problem it was the relay on mine

No i haven't got free scan, i don't have a laptop so its not much use. You are right the ecu and gauge are different senders but the temp gauge works perfectly. It possibly is the temp sensor but i would have thought that would give me other problems like running rich and not performing very well. I know it is not any of the relays because if i disconect the fan relay the ecu is switching to ground erraticly.