free hit
counters
s3 carbs - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Flipper

s3 carbs

Would somebody be kind enough to photograph the throttle cable linkage as it gets to the carbs - i took it off to rebuild the carbs and have put it all back together again and it looks wrong ....

thanks in advance and ill take better photos next time !

Flip

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Guest Troy Halliday

PM BigSi he has a billion pictures of his engine I am sure he can assist you with a reference pic.

ok found a couple of quick pics i took ages ago, i have also shown the route the cable takes with yellow marks, i hope this helps.

first one is from underneath the assembly shows where the black cable with the wire throttle cable in goes into on the bracket with the holder in place then through the otherside and goes in to the small hole in the connector on the carb and is then clamped into place.

DSCN3622.jpg

here is the top view

DSCN3624-1.jpg

this shows the way the bracket goes on

DSCN5942.jpg

i hope this helps, if not i will hve to go out and take the covers off and see if i can get a better picture or two for oyu.

simon

the s3 set up i have doesnt fix the the cam cover , im pretty sure filppers doesnt either im sure its similar to mine

oh and peter that could do with a clean.. and polish... and some paint.. take it apart and send it me, i promise to make it shiny!!

HI Si,

I'm not certain but doesn't the Turbo have a different setup to the N/A?

You're more than welcome to give her a polish. Just rebuilt the carbs and they are substantially cleaner now...^^that was a before pic. But the fact is that you're looking at an engine that's done 50,000 miles since it was last cleaned and as long as she goes as well as she does I'm really not fussed how shiney she is!!...but you're still welcome to pop round with your can of Mr Sheen :devil:

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

sorry i meant to say thanks for the photos - pc broken

much appreciated - now all i need is two new tailgate struts and a trailer to take the car back to the MOT and we back on the road !

thanks again all

as long as you pre book the mot, you are allowed to drive the car to the mot station, once you have your mot you can drive it home but not anywhere else if i remember rightly, you cant say drive it to the post office to get your road tax as while its parked up you could get done for no tax!