free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit S3 Turbo 1985 - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hello everybody, I'm new to this, but have become an Esprit owner. Something I have wanted to do since I was a kid.

I have had my dream come true and bought myself one!

However as I am rebuilding it throughout it's going to take some time. I have tried to save money by reverse engineering the parts by working out what they are and then getting the part from the correct vehicle, which saves me quite a bit of money.

However the S3 Turbo I bought had a piston go through the sump and the distributor had been taken off by the previous owner and he couldn't find it.

Can anyone out there help me out with the make and part numbers of the distributor???

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it HC or LC engine?

It's a Lucaz unit from memory, same body as most of that era (MG etc), but I think the weights etc are specific.

Although I don't think it will help you for this part, try

www.gglotus.org parts, it has a cross reference section, as does this forum.

Might be worth giving Botus a PM, he may be able to help.

Andy

Hi Graham

Looks like we are in the same mess...well mines in lots of bits. I got my dizzy out its from my 1985 Turbo and "Lucas 41946D 43DM4 4784.

I searched the net for a new one but couldnt find one think its an expensive one. SJ sportscars do an exchange recon one for

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Replacement new Lucas are unobtanium. There is a Bosch replacement that fits in, but the multi plug connector is not the same so you'll need to adapt the wiring plugs. I'm sorry I don't know the Bosch part no............

Personally I'd refurb your existing one.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Hi Graham

Looks like we are in the same mess...well mines in lots of bits. I got my dizzy out its from my 1985 Turbo and "Lucas 41946D 43DM4 4784.

I searched the net for a new one but couldnt find one think its an expensive one. SJ sportscars do an exchange recon one for

Hi Graham

Graham,

You may also want to consider a crank triggered ignition system. They do away with the dist altogether and therefor have many benefits. The best thing is that you eliminate a source of ignition for fuel that could easily leak from your carbs onto the dist. Many esprits have burned because of this.

Lee