free hit
counters
Calling all early-G Turbo Esprits! - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
psteinb

Calling all early-G Turbo Esprits!

The essex No: 23 is the owner on this forum????

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This was No 23. back in 1995

it had driven then allready 190.000 km!!! (i dont know the milage, but many!)

2j1x92b.jpg

2003a5s.jpg

2cmwu1v.jpg

296ot2c.jpg

you can see on the dashboard that the colour was fatted away,

buts its sad to hear that this car is gone, and because of fire is so sad!

Hi Mark, this car comes for sale?

and yess i am interested!

I came across this Turbo Esprit advertised last year in France. It was supposed to be up for sale long before now but developed a water pump issue which has taken some time to sort out amongst other things. It will apparently be up for sale in the coming months.

I'm trying to find out the chassis number so I can see where it fits in with the list on this thread. It's an Essex spec but currently with Calypso Red paintwork........apparently the colour was changed by the original owner so it will be interesting to find out what colour it was when it left Hethel........not sure red with red works for me! It's also had the Panasonic roof radio removed......and replaced with a sunroof.......there goes that high value selling price I hear you say!! :blush:

Some photos of the car 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/08/2016 at 19:33, stephenwhyte said:

I came across this Turbo Esprit advertised last year in France. It was supposed to be up for sale long before now but developed a water pump issue which has taken some time to sort out amongst other things. It will apparently be up for sale in the coming months.

I'm trying to find out the chassis number so I can see where it fits in with the list on this thread. It's an Essex spec but currently with Calypso Red paintwork........apparently the colour was changed by the original owner so it will be interesting to find out what colour it was when it left Hethel........not sure red with red works for me! It's also had the Panasonic roof radio removed......and replaced with a sunroof.......there goes that high value selling price I hear you say!! :blush:

Some photos of the car 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Did we ever find a chassis number for this one?

Afraid not Lex - I never actually confirmed whether it actually sold either. @LOTUSMAN33 was in contact with the vendor at the time I’m pretty sure. Can you help out Dave?

It was 0969, came very close to buying this one but the French garage never managed to get it running very well. Looking back it was probably the better car.

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

23 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

It was 0969, came very close to buying this one but the French garage never managed to get it running very well. Looking back it was probably the better car.

Colour had been changed from original Dave - never a good idea.....I think swerving this one was a wise move 

• Like 1

Yes you may be right Stephen, TBH it was the sunroof which put me off most, I removed one of these on my white S1 which was quite a big job. Always makes me smile when I see that car in magazines etc (TNR160R).

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try!