free hit
counters
Calling all early-G Turbo Esprits! - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Calling all early-G Turbo Esprits!

psteinb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This was No 23. back in 1995

it had driven then allready 190.000 km!!! (i dont know the milage, but many!)

2j1x92b.jpg

2003a5s.jpg

2cmwu1v.jpg

296ot2c.jpg

you can see on the dashboard that the colour was fatted away,

buts its sad to hear that this car is gone, and because of fire is so sad!

Hi Mark, this car comes for sale?

and yess i am interested!

• 1 year later...

I came across this Turbo Esprit advertised last year in France. It was supposed to be up for sale long before now but developed a water pump issue which has taken some time to sort out amongst other things. It will apparently be up for sale in the coming months.

I'm trying to find out the chassis number so I can see where it fits in with the list on this thread. It's an Essex spec but currently with Calypso Red paintwork........apparently the colour was changed by the original owner so it will be interesting to find out what colour it was when it left Hethel........not sure red with red works for me! It's also had the Panasonic roof radio removed......and replaced with a sunroof.......there goes that high value selling price I hear you say!! :blush:

Some photos of the car 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 12/08/2016 at 19:33, stephenwhyte said:

I came across this Turbo Esprit advertised last year in France. It was supposed to be up for sale long before now but developed a water pump issue which has taken some time to sort out amongst other things. It will apparently be up for sale in the coming months.

I'm trying to find out the chassis number so I can see where it fits in with the list on this thread. It's an Essex spec but currently with Calypso Red paintwork........apparently the colour was changed by the original owner so it will be interesting to find out what colour it was when it left Hethel........not sure red with red works for me! It's also had the Panasonic roof radio removed......and replaced with a sunroof.......there goes that high value selling price I hear you say!! :blush:

Some photos of the car 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Did we ever find a chassis number for this one?

23 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

It was 0969, came very close to buying this one but the French garage never managed to get it running very well. Looking back it was probably the better car.

Dave :) 

Colour had been changed from original Dave - never a good idea.....I think swerving this one was a wise move 

• Like 1

Yes you may be right Stephen, TBH it was the sunroof which put me off most, I removed one of these on my white S1 which was quite a big job. Always makes me smile when I see that car in magazines etc (TNR160R).

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 11 months later...

I’m new to this thread but stumbled on it looking for info on the Turbo Esprit I just bought as it has 4 bolt wheels not like the rest of the turbos with 5 bolt.

scc082910AHH10309 motor 

CD910801118844 colour L25

it has a FM cassette mounted on the roof so think it might be a Essex model.

Any info on it would be greatly appreciated.

Glen

43 minutes ago, Glen said:

I’m new to this thread but stumbled on it looking for info on the Turbo Esprit I just bought as it has 4 bolt wheels not like the rest of the turbos with 5 bolt.

scc082910AHH10309 motor 

Glen

Glen L25 is Monaco White so not an Essex, they were all blue. 10309 was an export model sent to Abu Dhabi I believe.

Ok thank you, I had read someplace that since the Blue Essex paint style wasn’t selling they made a few more Essex models in white, red and bronze.

it does have the roof mounted Panasonic radio/ cassette and equalizer and the leather interior that’s why I thought it might be one of the later Essex.

yes you are correct, it was sold in Abu Dhabi and later imported to Bahrain where I bought it.

would you happen to know why it has the four bolt hubs as all of the other Turbos I have seen are five bolt?

17 hours ago, Glen said:

scc082910AHH10309 motor 

Glen

Hi Glen welcome to the forum and how fantastic this has turned up.

We are all dying to see some photos. Is the interior red? and what kind of condition is the car in?

It's a very early one indeed.

This is a picture of what I believe is 10311 LHD (Switzerland) which is almost identical spec to 10309, interior is brown.

IMG_2172.JPG

• Like 2