free hit
counters
Heatshield reflector on 88 - 96 (4 pot's) - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gghc87

Heatshield reflector on 88 - 96 (4 pot's)

Can some one let me know how the heat reflector on the boot side of the turbo is attached to the main heatsheild behind. The parts book speaks of rivets and washers. The main heat shield is riveted but its not clear from my own car how the heat sheild is attached.

Some photos whould be very helpful . Thanks in advance

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Jon thanks for this.

Had a look but doesn

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

update

now all fixed and back on the road. Its not a simple arrangement. The Stainless steel heat shield has to be attached to the fibre sheild behind before attaching the whole thing to the bulk head of the rear boot.

On mine the metal shield had dropped off. Have no idea why. But the fibre shield behind stayed fixed. So I drilled out the rivets on this first to release the rear shield then I was able to rivet the two together before refixing the whole unit back in place.

One problem is that you need to use washers to help secure the rivets but some of these are hidden when the two shields are sandwiched together. So I used high temp. paint in the recesses that hold the washers, by placing the washers onto the wet paint then spraying over again this gave a tempory, but heat resistant, bond while fixing the whole thing to the bulk head of the rear boot.

I had to pull out the carpet as Jon had suggested in an earlier post to get to the rivets. To refix the carpet I wasnt sure which glue to use due to the heat in that area however I checked with Lotus Tech and was advised that standard Dunlop contact adhesive would to the job.

Cliff