Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My car Update and Goodbye - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My car Update and Goodbye

mwmackenzie

Hey all

Put car away for a remap and up boost a tad as I feel I have done enough run in miles now... Got it back last night and bloody hell she's quick!!!! Last time I saw any of you it was running like a dog miss fireing etc (remember that bibs??).. she generally over time with new plugs, magnecor leads, coil, fuel corrections and wideband fiddling got better and better .. well now she pulls like a train just like she should, not sure what bhp she has as she was mapped on the road to 1.2 bar boost. I'm well chuffed with her now as she feels incredibly fast and smooth!!! Got home and gave her a wee check round all good but rear pads low so getting changed on monday to red stuff Front and rear? Any one running brembos have any experience with these?? What are they like on the Esprit?

Now the bad new!!!

I have a buyer, nice guy called Alex Hoff from germany coming to take her away a week on saturday so I'll not get to enjoy her much before then now she's running sweet and with new pads all round stopping sweet too I hope. Alex is trading me an Elise so I'll still have a lotus, just not the one I want!! Boohooo.. but needs must and I have bills to pay and a wedding next year... Gutted but happy Alex is taking her so I don't need to see her driving around locally with someone else enjoying her having paid lees than half of what I did and none of the effort and heartache I went through to get her where she is now...

Alex is a great guy who owns his own garage so she'll be well looked after and want for nothing, that I am happy about too.

So as of a week saturday it'll be a sad farewell form me after 10 years on here :thumbup: You guys have been a great help and support over the years so I want to thank you all for that!!

Thanks and cheers

Mark

post-642-1202386981.jpg

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad that you got the car running well and that you managed to reach an agreement with Alex.

It would have been a shame to sell the car without ever feeling the full thrust of here running to her true potential.

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Mark

Really really sorry to see her go. I do hope you'll stay on site, don't forget that you don't have to own an Esprit to be here, just love them!

Get some pics of the new squeeze when you get her.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

That's him Bibs!!!! hehehe.. Mike is yours not up for joining the same stable anymore??.. Thanks guys I'll keep watching and hope you meet y'all again at donny but in me wee baby elise??

Mark :thumbup:

P.S Anyone got redstuff on brembos???

Edited by mwmackenzie

.. Mike is yours not up for joining the same stable anymore??..

Yes, Alex is also planning to buy the GT1 replica and is also actively looking to aquire the GT1 racer as well.....

..... looks like a very heavy month for him ; -)

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Mark, Mark, Mark, Listen to one older and wiser, a Lotus has significant advantages over women.

Sustained high performance.

Upgradeable

Worn parts replaceable

Turns heads to look in your direction.

Babe Magnet

But the most important feature, the ignition key, when turned anti clock wise it shuts up.

I

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Well said, Roger!

Mark, I've been following your posts about your Esprit ever since I joined LEF. I never got a chance to say, But you do amazing work! Your Esprit is gorgeous! I'm glad you got her running proper and she'll be in great care.. but am very saddened that the Esprit is passing into other hands. I bet the elise won't stay original for long... :thumbup:

Ha ha Roger

Your completely correct and it's mainly due to the demise of my previous marrage that I have not enough cashola to keep my baby!! so my ratio to date is 1 wife (ex) 1 lotus (ex) 1 Lotus current and 1 baby lotus on the way!! haha... oh a 2 baby humans from wife (ex) To be fair new wife to be has not cost me nearly as much as my current lotus... lol

Greg, Your so right.. elise is 152BHP, black with black, hard/soft top. I'm doing the S2 suspension upgrade, sport 160 rear spoiler and wheels, eliseparts front splitter and motorsport rear difuser, hopefully later or sport 160 interior too.. Would love a vhpd engine though or audi turbo conversion but nae cash to do that for a bit vhpd will be cheapest option but 152 in an elise will probably be fine???

Mike, I'm so happy to hear that! I can't wait to drive to germany in the future to visit both our ex's and hopefully meet yourself and visit alex's garage, Does Porsche race engines and race prep... (hates porsche though...hahaha) and maybe go watch a race and hit the ring and autobahns...

Not sure Peter, could be?? he's really only interested in something a bit different so if it was then most likely could have been him? He's buying my car and Mike sekingers GT1 replica and has a probable buyer for Mikes actual GT1

Mark

Good luck with the Elsie Mark - I drove a couple at Hethel and thought they were fabulous. Shame your Esprit is going, but there's plenty of time to do it all again when finances improve (tell me about it!) and like you say, at least you'll not have to watch some local scrote enjoying her on the cheap.

Best wishes and keep posting.

Stu

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Sorry she's going - make sure the hoff bloke posts pics of that polished lump - glad you got the deal you wanted to get.

Redstuff rear brembo - agree with simon get em hot for real bite - i have pagid blues now but would be happy to have redstuff bargain price and very low amount of dirty black crap on shiny rims which is always good ya?

Always admired your work sir.

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

...seems, like she's for sale again...

mobile.de

:lol:

*such a shame* (my opinion)

by the way: the advertisement is written in very poor german...

jkr

p.s.: my first post here, cause stories like this don't make me happy... this baby goes from a lover to a :lol:

Mark, I am sorry to hear you will now be leaving Esprit ownership :hope: I know how much you loved that car and got it the way you wanted it. I do hope you will get another Esprit one day. You will love the S2, quite a fun car.

Got red stuff pads in the fronts but on a AP set-up so not much help sorry.

All the best,

Kylie

350.gifNo.23

Heart sunk when i looked at that add...ah well, fair play if he can get that kind of cash for it good on him... so long as I get what I want I'm cool with that, I get on well with the guy, being honest it's worth more, way more than that to me but i have no option right now but to sell... afraid it's an S1 i'm getting but still a new toy to me and will help me clear my feet so hey ho....

Mark

might be keeping it agaist my will hahahahahaha... buyer gone awol.. :devil: Not had any contact all week and he's meant to be here tomorrow.. Hoping for a call tonight or tomorrow, he's a busy guy so I'm hopeing that's all it is..

Very worried me!