free hit
counters
Don't try this at home folks - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Don't try this at home folks

Its been mentioned a few times here and there that the Esprit is a bit like a big go kart but I'm pretty sure this would be no mean feat in one of norfolks finest.

Anyway - take a look and pop the sound on. quite an impressive bit of braking/cornering...

http://www.karting1.co.uk/braking-karting.htm

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know this sounds outrageous.. but I've actually done a similar braking/drifting in a 15 tonne tandem axle Vacuum Truck. I was in a major rush and it was on "Ice roads". I approached the corner with my differantial locks engaged at about 60km/h and hit the brakes, locking them up well before the corner. I cocked the wheel just slightly, released the brakes briefly so that the "Jacobs brake (engine brake)" would lock up my rear wheels and then pounded the brakes again so that I would enter the corner already drifting (almost identical to the kart). Then, as I recall, I grabbed 12th gear and came on the power hard and maintained a beautiful drift around the 90 degree bend... after that was another 90 degree bend in the opposite direction.. unfortunately I couldn't drift that one because as soon as the corner was done.. .there was a stop sign.. but man... what an absolutely incredible feeling to drift a full size truck on ice so nicely... never even realized it was a method used in racing... I just know I couldn't have gone around that corner any faster.

Here's a pic of a similar truck:

post-3007-1203097376.jpg

Edited by Mark T-C

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Lol! Oh well... that's a shame :thumbup:

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

THAT WAS MIND BOGGLING!!! UNREAL!!! Thanks for pointing out this vid! WOW