free hit
counters
Throttle Position Sensor - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Qavion

Throttle Position Sensor

Hi, folks

I recently disturbed the Throttle Position Sensor on my '89 Esprit SE.

I see the manual says to adjust the sensor output to xyz millivolts with the ignition ON using the Tech 1 tool, then tighten the screws. However, not having the Tech 1 tool, I've resorted to Freescan. Unfortunately, when I use Freescan, the millivolt data doesn't appear until I actually start the engine (and keep it running). This, I assume, means that the throttle jacking capsule comes into the picture, affecting the readings.

Should I disconnect and block the vacuum line to the jacking capsule, then check the millivolts or is there a way of forcing Freescan to look at the millivolts without starting the engine?

Thanks!

Ian

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Freescan is the proper tool to use. Better than a Tech 1 in many respects.

You should have voltage reading with the ignition on, and the engine off. Never adjust the throttle cable with the engine on!

first thing to do is double check if you really don't have voltage with the ignition on, and engine off. That would be a problem if you didn't.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

ah.. my apologies... I think I got Accessory mixed up with ON. I get so many flashing lights when I go to Accessory (presumably caused by my alarm/immobiliser), I probably mistook that for ON. The ignition is a little worn, too.. the detents between OFF, ACC, ON, START are a little vague (not unlike the owner). :)

Anyway, thanks for your assistance

Cheers.

Ian