free hit
counters
LH Rear hub-carrier woes - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

This afternoon, I was finishing off last weekend's brake and suspension upgrade by fitting new shiny stainless steel nylocs and the like.

Torquing up the hub carrier pin was accompanied by the pit-of-the-stomach crack: the rear lug broke.

I think that in the dismantling, removing the old pin slightly dislodged the hard split-spacer and too little was left between the lugs to fill the gap after the snubber washers and lower link had taken up their allotted spaces.

Sod's law, for one reason or another, I need the car on the road this week (I use it daily) so, as an outside chance, does anyone have a serviceable spare for sale - that I could collect tomorrow Sunday or at a push, Monday? I live in Sheffield.

Failing that, it's a couriered-from-Lotus to have it fitted on Tuesday.

At least everything is freshly coppaslipped so dismantling should be easier than it would otherwise be.

As regards the broken one, how successful is it to have them weld-repaired? Anyone had it done?

Many thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days