free hit
counters
[Ebay-bot] 1996 LOTUS ESPRIT V8 TURBO YELLOW - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ebay

[Ebay-bot] 1996 LOTUS ESPRIT V8 TURBO YELLOW

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Seems rather too cheap to me, low miles and all the right bits i.e cambelt and other major work done :D

I think i smell a scam maybe

regards danny

A

I wouldn

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

The new owner would be the 8th in 12 years..

The number of owners for an esprit is not a problem, they change hands like pocket change due to family growth, running costs

and so on, i personally would never be put of by buying an esprit with lots of former owners, i think mikes guess is the

best that it may have been cat D, however the seller may have not listed this,

Also if its just had a major service they well of been a lot of work listed that the owner chose not to have done!

regards danny

A

The number of owners for an esprit is not a problem, they change hands like pocket change due to family growth, running costs and so on..

Dan

Agree most Esprit's have quite a few owners but IMO 8 in 12 years is too many and the reason is most people buy to make them just to look good, don't want to maintain them so sell them on before they have to pay that next big bill.

This is unfortunately why Lotus's have poor reputations for breaking down - short term owners don't service them and look after them as they should.

I've owned my 86 S3 for almost 18 years and its never broken down - coincidence?

No, not really, coz you never use it!

Chris

Bit rich coming from someone who has only just realised that his battery died in the last millenium :D

Kettle, pot, black the calling... rearrange as you see fit :D

Bazza

Chris

Bit rich coming from someone who has only just realised that his battery died in the last millenium :D

Kettle, pot, black the calling... rearrange as you see fit :D

Bazza

Err, pot black the calling..no, kettle black pot the calling...no, the calling kettle black pot.. am I getting close?

My mechanic said that this was the first time he'd heard of a red Esprit not starting, it's normaly those dodgy blue ones!

Its also on Autotrader at 12k ono with a contact tel no if anyone is interested. Could be the cheapest ever intact V8 - anyone bought one cheaper?

DVLA website check confirms some of the details:

The vehicle details for AIG 2191 are:

Date of Liability 01 07 2008

Date of First Registration 01 08 1996

Year of Manufacture 1996

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3506CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour YELLOW

Vehicle Type Approval null

The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

Hi,

Its one of my old cars, that will put everyone off!!!!

It was a Cat C, rhs rear, cracked the rear body from filler caps back, broke the gearbox mounts. Repaired by non lotus Bodyshop in Manchester way, they painted the wheels and did top of engine.

It struggled for boost, wastegates / pipes / turbo ? Never investigated other than buying capsules which I never fitted, be that some time ago.

Regards

Nick

Hi Nick,

I thought it sounded familiar..... didn

Edited by mike_sekinger

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Hi

I saw the car sometime ago ,and it has been repaired pretty well.It looked good in the flesh to be fair.

At that price its good value.Especially of the boost issues are sorted etc.

R

Evening all, this car, along with a similar car but a 97 have both appeared in this areas auto trader. The owner declared that it was recorded (c or d) in the article.

Stuart