free hit
counters
Holiday a week in London (any suggestion) - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Holiday a week in London (any suggestion)

esp88

Thanks folks

I think buy a book which Cliff when she arrived in Lodon! As I remember books are cheap in U.K !

Thanks Bibs e.g. "nowadays too dangerous late at night (mainly south of the river!) "

it's nice to know, where Do not go around night !

Back to the disussion between Capital city as London V.S. British History etc.. I think it's very common discussion

like as I remember. As you know I was grew up in Kyoto Japan which old capital and the Kyoto has very old

history as capital ! So, cautural/historial discussion between Kyoto v.s. Tokyo same as you are disussing her !

The point is as respect, how to look at it ! it's only a week Holiday she will stay in London Not for studie a history

P.S. Thanks Tony I will study more aobut the Norwich before visting next time !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kimbers I did actually write :

soooooooooooo many landmarks to see (big ben, tower bridge, st pauls, westminster, white hall, buckingham palace blah blah blah)

My idea of history and Britishness is way different to yours but I digress.

If you wanna see fox hunting, 12th C churches, chinchin, cucumber sandwiches at tea time, real ale drinking-tweed jacket wearing grumpy old men.......no, London isn't the place to go.

Other than that I really couldn't disagree with you more, but I have digressed enough.

Yasuo, don't worry they'll have a great time, stick to the touristy guides - ya can't go wrong.

facebook = [email protected]

Really like London, the wife and I visit every 5 or 6 months, get the sleeper and stay 2 nights.

There is so much to do, museums, shops, pubs, concerts, sightseeing, and the theatres.

If it's a short visit best go midweek as it is not as crowded, and there are no shows on a Sunday night. You can get your theatre tickets from Leicester Square on the day and they are a bit cheaper (some popular shows might be sold out).

Covent Garden is worth a visit, there are a couple of good bars if you have had enough shopping, Transport museum is there as well.

The underground is great, where I live there is one bus an hour, if you miss a tube train there is another along in about 90 seconds , brilliant. Three day zone 1 & 2 travelcard costs

Edited by Nigel

London is great, it is a world city unlike the regional ones such as Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham etc no matter what they think ! (and I have lived oop north near Manchester and Liverpool etc.) and I have lived in London.

If you like Thai food try Chis noodle bar at Ludgate circus, pretty good value for money.

You have the Tower of London, Buck House, HMS Belfast, St Pauls, Westminster Abbey, House of Parliment, Harrods etc.....

Go there and have a great time I doubt you are going to walk around the rough parts of the city are you? all Cities have rough areas.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Only time you get in trouble in Norwich is if you wear an Ipswich shirt or say John Deere tractors are rubbish!

I'm not presenting Norwich anyway, merely using it as an example. There's lots more historic place like Bath, York, Norwich...... :respect:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Only time you get in trouble in Norwich is if you wear an Ipswich shirt or say John Deere tractors are rubbish!

I'm not presenting Norwich anyway, merely using it as an example. There's lots more historic place like Bath, York, Norwich...... :respect:

The word you are having trouble searching for is "ESSEX" mate. :P