free hit
counters
SUPRISE ESPRIT DRIVE - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ANTIQUES

SUPRISE ESPRIT DRIVE

Guest ANTIQUES

A number of years ago,a guy opened a showroom selling exspensive cars in Belfast.I noticed he has an Esprit s3 hc for sale,and i thought id go round and drool over it.At the time i didnt have a car,as i arived the owner said what do you drive ,and bmw came out of me from somewhere.We talked about the Esprit and he said would u like a test drive.wow ,seconds later im driving this Esprit.I felt guilty but what the heck im an enthusiast ,James.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have offered a couple of friends / brothers-in law a drive of my car, and the general reaction is one of shock. They have been taken for a spin by me and say the car seems to really need an experienced driver.

I have put this over-reaction down to the preconceived intimidation of a 'supercar' and (when a passenger) the exhilaration / g-forces in play, with nothing to hold on to :respect: . Mind you, I am usually trying to point out how well the car seems to cope with sweeping bends at speed, at the time and how the car doesn't roll around etc.

...interesting impressions.

iain

Edited by iainskea

Guest ANTIQUES

I think people who are not used to low slung sports cars are intimadated,especially when they enter an Esprit for the first time ,and they are lying so low.As we know thats the start of the fun.My elite isnt quite as dramatic as the Esprit ,but boy its close.Most people used to the boring boxes ,have didficulty getting out its so low,AND ARE IMPRESSED BY THE WEDGE SHAPE,JAMES

my father came to see me recently and asked to have a drive of the car, he got in the drivers seat sat there and then got out, "whats wrong dad" i asked, nothing i cant drive it son he said "why??" i asked... his reply.. still makes me chuckle to this day..." i couldnt reach the bloody pedals could i"

The only problem I've had with some people who have driven my Esprit, is that they are scared of the hand brake, and hence hill starts (Ian May, this obviously didn't apply to you). Otherwise they seem fine.

Regards,

Peter.

When i first took mine out for a test drive i remember that the acceleration blew me away(and i was used to riding superbikes) ,also when i came to stop, i hit the brake and accelerator at the same time (suspect i am not the only one to learn this lesson),drove home bare foot ,hence trainers from there onwards.

Nick S4s

Edited by fflyingdog

Simplest things first.

my father came to see me recently and asked to have a drive of the car, he got in the drivers seat sat there and then got out, "whats wrong dad" i asked, nothing i cant drive it son he said "why??" i asked... his reply.. still makes me chuckle to this day..." i couldnt reach the bloody pedals could i"

I know that reaction.

Kris was so pleased recently, he popped round for something and I asked him to move the car, because I'd fitted the fibreglass seats I had fitted runners again (with any other seat runners were taking up valuable head room), he could actually reach the pedals and see over the dash. He'd tried before and couldn't see out of the front of the car (anything other than a small amount of sky).

Andy