free hit
counters
Help - orphan wire (purple/green near ECM) - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Help - orphan wire (purple/green near ECM)

OK so I've had the boot out of the car to clean up and refurb the coolant and charge cooler header tanks.

I needed to disconnect all of the multiconnectors running to the relays in the boot... When I come to put everything back together there is an orphan wire with a female spade connector that I do not remember undoing! The end of the wire was in the recess below the RH fuel filler neck and I am confident that it doesn't belong in the engine bay and it doesn't go as far as the relays. It is not bound in to a loom and could connect anywhere from the fuel tanks back to the fuel filler.

Thought it may be low fuel or fuel pump, but wrong colour according to the manual - anyone have any ideas?

HELP!

Thanks in advance, Ian

Ian

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the G/P wire is the live wire for the rear brake lights.

There is one G/P wire which is spliced in and fed to the optional rear mounted brake light. As such, on ours this is left dangling somewhere.

Congrates - looks like you've found it. :P

To make sure - Just stick a meter on it and press the brake pedal.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Well the G/P wire is the live wire for the rear brake lights.

There is one G/P wire which is spliced in and fed to the optional rear mounted brake light.  As such, on ours this is left dangling somewhere.

Congrates - looks like you've found it.  :P

To make sure - Just stick a meter on it and press the brake pedal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah cool!

I didn't think I'd unplugged it...

Now I can get back to the serious business of finding out what's wrong with my turbo...

Thanks Simon - you da man! B)

Ian

Trouble in't rear!

Halfway home from Oxford the other week and no boost - and not just that but judging by the sound of it I think someone stole my Lotus Twin Cam and replaced it with a Transit lump...

Hoping it will have fixed itself while I've been taking apart things that were working perfectly well and painting them!

Ian

Trouble in't rear!

Halfway home from Oxford the other week and no boost - and not just that but judging by the sound of it I think someone stole my Lotus Twin Cam and replaced it with a Transit lump...

Hoping it will have fixed itself while I've been taking apart things that were working perfectly well and painting them!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats hoping a bit isnt it!!!!?

watch how you go.

keep in touch

dave