free hit
counters
I'm finally getting there! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kimbers

I'm finally getting there!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nice one mate - I always breathe a sigh of relief after getting that MOT cert. Think mines fallen down on rusty brake pipes a couple of times over the years. A couple of them you can hardly see, let alone get to and replace.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Well done Tony. In Oz, in both Queensland and Victoria there is no yearly roadworthy test (MOT), while NSW still does. Weird.

While it is a bonza for not going through the pain you just have gone through - the standard of car safety in those states is a little questionable...

Good news for Lotus car owners though!

Iain

Edited by iainskea

Double-edged sword here in Valhalla...no annual test but a more stringest examination when you first import a car. Lottie failed first time:

Examiner: Sorry, failed. The car's leaking oil

Me: Bit harsh! They all do that - anyway, it's good for stopping the underneath going rusty

Examiner: My HEAD isn't going rusty, and your f%^&ing car has just pi$$ed all over me!

Exit stage right, and spend over a grand on a top overhaul and lots of new seals, goop and gasketry...

Passed second time!

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Congratulations I have to do one for my car next month after so much money on my car I hope it passes if not then I will have to start thinking on building a test station as a cheaper alternative

This MOT stuff sounds like a nightmare. How often do you guys have to go through this? Is it a complete "physical" for the car?

Here on the west coast of the US, it is just the bi-annual smog check. Your car could be a sieve, but as long as it burns fuel clean is all they care about.

It sounds like a way just to subsidize the auto repair industry there. I know that have some type of inspection in some east coast states where there are functional tests like brakes and lighting.

Its not actually that bad paul it is really just checking things that are considerd critical such as brakes, lights cleaning the window in the right place etc etc.

As with rust it is only considered a fail if within a certain distance of critical parts.

This MOT stuff sounds like a nightmare. How often do you guys have to go through this? Is it a complete "physical" for the car?

this may help..

clicky

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Must be a relief Tony. The Orange lady is due next month, so I have got to get the suspension bushings sorted and ball joints. last year she faied on strength of washer jet, wiper blade and dirty headlights.

Congrats Tony. I've just booked mine in for next week (needs a cambelt, too) and have spent this afternoon making sure the cat will work properly. It would've had trouble doing anything CO2 related sitting in the loft....

I'm going to pull the front brakes apart tomorrow and check all the wheel bearings/ball joints/bushes etc for play at the same time.

It'll be fine. It'll be fine. It'll be fine. It'll be fine. I can't hear you saying it! It'll be fine. :devil:

I'm sure it'll be fine Graham. If yours doesn't pass, with the amount of time you spend on it, then none of us have a chance!

Thanks all. No I haven't sorted the oil leak out as, seeing I use it everyweek now (Oogie) it seems to have stopped weeping....or if it is leaking it goes straight on to the white hot manifold and gets vapourised....not that she gets hot you understand!!

Anyone replaced a wheel bearing? How long/much do you reckon it will cost. Whats the parts cost?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I couldn't imagine having to have the car inspected every year. In Manitoba, the only time you need to get your car inspected is when you import a car into Canada and when it changes hands from one owner to another owner. Thats why when you drive down the road you see alot of cars that would never pass safety if their lives depended on it. Long as you keep it in your name, though all is good.