free hit
counters
Esprit Lovers - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Esprit Lovers

Guest ANTIQUES

Guest ANTIQUES

Guys not to get too highbrow,but i as you know love the desigen of the esprit.someone once said it was like auotmotive art.id be interested to know do others like me then go on to like art in general.not in any stuffy way ,but i like antiques and love the design in them.?James.antiques

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James,

I am an armchair enthusiast of design and architecture. I like mid-century modern design, and am a fan of the grandfather of that movement in America, Frank Lloyd Wright. Here is my Esprit S1, on my wedding day, at a house designed by Wright:

WEDDING206.jpg

atpenfieldhouse.jpg

WEDDING188.jpg

She's already taking the keys form me!

gimmethekeys.jpg

For our honeymoon, we took a trip by car (blue S1), that included Wright's most famous work, Fallingwater:

WEDDINGANDTRIP282.jpg

WEDDINGANDTRIP257.jpg

WEDDINGANDTRIP267.jpg

(sorry for the repost, for those of you who have seen these already!)

I also like current modern "retro-mid-century" design, especially in furniture. If I could start life over from my teenage years, architect or furniture designer are two possible careers I would consider. One can't do everything in life, but one can still enjoy many things! :devil:

- T

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Guest ANTIQUES

Tony,hello from Ireland,thanks for sharing those stunning pics of the house, the s1, and yourselves.Its a real treat to see them ,James /Ireland.

Tony how have you found the s1 esprit for reliability.As youll know they have a reputation for being fragile.I have its sister car a 75 s1 Elite.Have you done much to it to improve reliability of the Esprit.?There was a recent article in the uk that a s1 Esprit was offered for sale at around 25,ooo

removed

Wedge Design: like the Esprit & Fallingwater, penfield house

Wedge design, sharp & straight lines. Its like an arrow through nature and some how it has a connection.

The transition from nature to the house is very open and gives you the feeling that you as person are part of nature.

The style is sometimes extreme like the Esprit and the Esprit fits in perfectly. So when you have such house than you need also an Esprit or visa versa.

Next year I shall rebuild mine house, I would like to use such style but the price and with that environment thing now I am afraid it will be more a Tiroler style house with little windows (passive house).

Tony do you have more pictures from Fallingwater? It would be very pleasant to see some more.

Cheers,

Jean

Guys not to get too highbrow,but i as you know love the desigen of the esprit.someone once said it was like auotmotive art.id be interested to know do others like me then go on to like art in general.not in any stuffy way ,but i like antiques and love the design in them.?James.antiques

I got it the other way round, I was arty before the Esprit, so I appreciated it's design the first time I looked at it. Still do.

• 4 years later...

Talking of Frank Lloyd Wright, you can get some of his work in Lego!

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/01/lego-embrickens-another-frank-lloyd-wright-masterpiece-the-imperial-hotel/

18c6qxozrvaafjpg.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Strewth! Gave several such F.L.W. Lego sets to one of my boys two Christmases back, including Falling Water, which we visited in May of last year. Amazing place...didn't want to leave. :)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

reminds me on BAUHAUS stylings

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I'm sure this had a influence on Danish/Scandinaven design Furniture such as Gplan, McIntosh, Archie Shine etc they are similar clean lines

I like it so much that I deal in the stuff.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"