free hit
counters
Esprit family tree - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pred247

Esprit family tree

I've often wondered if anyone here may have previously owned my car. It would be nice to get some background info, and maybe even learn about work done that is missing from all the docs supplied. I'm sure over time some receipts etc vanish.

Would anyone else like to see a family tree of their cars, that could be added to over the years, as new owners take their place?

For example and by sheer luck, I found pics of my car on the Barry Elly sports cars website for sale. What surprised me was, it had the Azure Blue shell as it should, but with black alloys, black rear spoiler, black engine cover vents and a black front spoiler.

There is a Barry Elly pic below and an Auto trader add from when I bought my car.

John

post-1853-1203185206.jpg

post-1853-1203185226.jpg

Edited by Predator

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
i preffer it now cool blue

Cheers mate. I prefer it now too. I think the last owner wanted a more evil look. She also had blacked out lights, but I wanted it to look bright and shiny.

I do quite like the black alloys though.

John

John, I had the same idea in Jan after owning my car nearly 2 years. I discovered an interesting pic in "Esprit Girls" and from there the plot thickened...

http://www.blueplanet.hu/~ezer3/root/main.html

So - I discovered I had a car that was used in the Gumball rally (and came 4th). Learning about the race was fascinating, as was discovering the clutch was replaced in the race blog!

Yours is certainly a good question and it would be nice to see however I'm not quite sure how it would look? You mean like a list of PO's? Pics as it looked then etc?

Charlie

Edited by CharlieC

John, I had the same idea in Jan after owning my car nearly 2 years. I discovered an interesting pic in "Esprit Girls" and from there the plot thickened...

http://www.blueplanet.hu/~ezer3/root/main.html

So - I discovered I had a car that was used in the Gumball rally (and came 4th). Learning about the race was fascinating, as was discovering the clutch was replaced in the race blog!

Yours is certainly a good question and it would be nice to see however I'm not quite sure how it would look? You mean like a list of PO's? Pics as it looked then etc?

Charlie

Now that a cool bit of info to have. Is it the car that was given to Maxomillion Cooper? Not sure how you spell his name lol.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Maybe a blog with work that has been done to it, last recorded miles etc. It may even help stuff any dodgy car dealers!

John

I have paperwork with mine that has the PO'(s) details including Club Lotus card etc.. not sure if it#s ok to put details on here though?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

John, unfortunately not! Thats the car mentioned in this thread in the 1999 Gumball rally. (I'd love a V8GT).

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...&#entry5529

Mine was in the 2005 rally and is mentioned in this thread...

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...retta&st=15

It think its interesting to know as much as poss about the car and obviously would help with making a nice clear history but as Chris says maybe PO's wouldn't want their info in a public domain.

Edited by CharlieC

I agree that we should not add other peoples info. But the ownership log could start with us, and then continue when you sell the car.

Previous work that was carried out by the previous owners would be ok to add though.

Plus, if you post details of your own car, someone might recognise it as once being their own, and be able to give you more details.

So If I you previously owned my car, you might be able to tell me if you ever had the clutch replaced. I can't see that in my paperwork but it must have been done at some point.

The added bonus with that is, if the work was done by a proper garage and not cash in hand, you might then be able to get a copy of the work sheet, which would help with the service history of the car.

John

Edited by USAndretti42
Removed quote

You could ask Bibs if it can be included in the LEF garage?

Like your avatar with the colour co-ordinated R6 btw!

I'll do that.

LOL, I know it's sad but that's why I bought the blue R6 ha ha. I even got the leathers to match.

John

There was a site featured on Radio 2 webpage of the day a couple of years ago, it was like friends reunited for cars, where you could see who owned your old cars now etc. Im not sure if this site ever took off but would be interested if it did or if any one could find it?

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

you can see I put a lot of effort into looking for that one??!!! :thumbup:

Oh a sad disapointment.....there aren't even any Turbo Esprit's or even S3 registered Doh there go my chances of finding my cars history

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Cars past? Well....I used to have an Alfa GTV6, '85. 2 weeks after I bought it, my brother threw Norway's then biggest car mag "Motor" at me, opened on page 32. There it was, my new Alfa - had been used as a track test car for a big article on "sports cars". It was compared with 4 Japanese "sporty vehicles". What a drag. They knew nothing about sports cars. Goes with the story that "Motor" liked the GTV6 but deducted the overall score because the lifting threshold to the luggage boot was too high! Says everything about that mag and that organization. It was not an estate hence not useable for the average Norwegian.

Can't say I liked it but the strangest thing happened yet a few weeks later again. This particular magazine had a radio channel, I used to listen to it on my way to work. The radio was sponsored by the Norwegian Automobile Association, a "peoples'" car club. Imagine my surprise when the channel one morning shortly after sent a full-scale radio report from the same test....

I found myself sitting in my new car in a morning traffic jam listening to my same car being track driven - and driven hard! That kinda takes your breath away and wakes you up...and a reason for not really wanting to know my car's past.... Talk about dolby surround, hearing my motor both live and on FM stereo.

I wrote an article about the "incident", "Motor" did not bother to publish it but the competing magazine did (they loved it) and it earned me a bob or two!

But with my new Esprit, I am only a little curious of its history..sortof.

lo.jpg

This way to ship models! http://www.modelship...user-index.html

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg