free hit
counters
Flashers - Turn Signals - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheKleaner

Flashers - Turn Signals

I've read thru the forums and was able to get the gremlins out of my headlights by cleaning the contacts YAY! But now I'm trying to figure out why the turn signal and flashers (hazards) don't work. Can anyone tell me where the relay for these items are? I havent seen any details in the forums about them. Thanks.

Edited by TheKleaner

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Splash! Between your post and the owners manual I was able to locate the flasher relay and get them to work by cleaning the contacts. However, the right flasher is fine but the left flashes very quickly and I think the relay is starting to go. Anyone have a source for the relay? Thanks again!

theres 2 flasher units on my s2 one for the indicators and one for hazards. i had a similar problem with my flashers, replaced both units and they work fine. hazard flasher is a two pronged unit, indicator is a four pronged unit, any generic unit should suffice

Hoping I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but a blown bulb can also cause overquick flashing. You have checked all the bulbs are on haven't you?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Hoping I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but a blown bulb can also cause overquick flashing. You have checked all the bulbs are on haven't you?

Brilliant! Thanks for the heads up, I did notice one of the two front flasher blubs is burnt out! I had no idea this could be the cause. I will check it this weekend. Thanks Matk!

I got tired of my flashers winking slowly at low engine speed so I got rid of the original Bimetallic contact flasher unit and replaced it with an electronic one. You need to find one that has an output for the dashboard indicator light, I used one from a 1976 BMW 2002, I just happened to have it lying around. Nice steady rate flashing now. You will have to create a ground connection for the new relay as well.

Joolz