free hit
counters
What colour shall I paint my S1! - Page 4 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Matt-watts

What colour shall I paint my S1!

What colour shall I paint my S1  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

seeing as the majority or people see to think white or Green how about.....a nice light lime green... that aught to keep everyone happyLime%20Green%20Miura%20of%20Paul%20Hoey.jpg

second thought... only a sadist would paint an esprit that color

I think this is more fitting than a lime green Miura:

Prototype/1st production Countach:

1120001b.jpg

1120001in2000.jpg

Nice first Countach, the best Countach design... I mean color.

Jean

I think this is more fitting than a lime green Miura:

Prototype/1st production Countach:

1120001b.jpg

1120001in2000.jpg

You haven't got that in your garage as well now have you Tony? Hahaha

Paul.

P.S. Still chasing the wheel caps :P

That lime green Miura... Gimme a bucket! :X

VIPER GREEN

yes!

B)

Edited by paul steinberg

Thanks for all your post and votes it's been great reading them all !

It also did the trick and help me decide what colour to paint my poor old S1 Esprit

If I was to see a thread like this (but the car wasn't mine) I would have posted up "Paint it Viper green !" as many of you have, I love originality and would like to see a Viper green esprit at lotus shows, however, I was only ever going to paint it White or Yellow. For me driving round in a bright green car just doesn't excite me.

I'm going to have the car painted Monaco white.

If however anyone feels so strongley about it's colour and feel, They want to own the only viper green Esprit. Please message me with a large cash offer for the whole car that will allow me to purchase a very nice white S1 esprit

Thanks again

Matt

Is your car presently stripped down to the body shell?

I could strip my white S1 to the shell (or to whatever extent yours is stripped), and then we could trade shell+frame for shell+frame.

It is chassis #155H, a LHD federal spec car. I would think if we kept our steering racks and pedal assemblies, etc., it would not be that hard to do the LHD/RHD conversion (although I myself don't mind an RHD car), and any differences of federal vs. Euro spec would stay with our equipment (except the federal body shell has some reinforcements in the nose and bulkhead, but those don't affect the build up).. 155H is still wearing its original white gel coat finish. It is tired from the sun on the top half, but still good on the bottom half. Never in an accident, and the frame is incredibly rust free, as the car lived in California and Arizona until December 2005.

We keep our engines, since you are putting a high performance version in yours, and mine is not original anyway (from another S1).

We split the shipping costs 50/50.

Crazy idea, I know. And I'm not sure how much I want to do it just because of the hassle, but I'd sure love to have the green S1. What do you think?