free hit
counters
Freescan Programe - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fflyingdog

Freescan Programe

Hi All;

I purchased a Freescan Usb/ADL cable from LEF Shop (Thanks for speedy delivery Bibs) ,i downloaded the Freescan programme from Lew as well as the drivers for the USB DL cable ,now when i open the Freescan programme it comes up with,"Cannot find the file specified" so i hit OK,it then loads the Freescan programme,now when i enter the COM Port (My case 16) and then the Ms delay (100 as per Dermots Booklet) i have tried with cable inserted and cable not inserted into laptop (Toshiba Equium XP operating system),also with cable into ADL point and not into ADL point,all points covered.Now when i hit start (Coms with ECU) the following window appears",Application Error,WaitComEvent()Failed With The Following Error:the handle is invalid,Port 16",so i then hit "OK" and the following window appears,"Runtime Error,Programe C/programe files/Freescan/Freescan exe" ,abnormal programe termination,i then hit"OK" and the Freescan programe shuts down. I hope i have made it clear(Clear as mud i suspect) but has anyone got any ideas because i have run out of them????? I have downloaded Freescan several times just to make sure my copy wasnt flawed,but it seems to me that my Freescan programe just isnt working right ........Have also tried ADL points under dash and in the boot.

Cheers

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I know exactly what your problem is:

Freescan is an old program and was written to open a coms port for use using the old com port naming convention. This worked, and still does work, up to com9, but for ports numbers higher than this it simply will not work. You will have get the cable to be assigned a port number of 9 or less.

Russell.

Great work Russell :)

There are instructions on how to re-assign the com port number on the drivers page.

http://www.aldlinterfaces.ukf.net/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I know exactly what your problem is:

Freescan is an old program and was written to open a coms port for use using the old com port naming convention. This worked, and still does work, up to com9, but for ports numbers higher than this it simply will not work. You will have get the cable to be assigned a port number of 9 or less.

Russell.

Russell you are a star ,fiddled and reasigned Port and hey blooming presto it works ..........thanks alot ,also thanks for Bibs for pointing me in right direction.

Cheers

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.