free hit
counters
exhaust back box replacement? - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I have just cut the boot floor out of the car as you do...

Any way I have noticed that my back box has some pin prick holes in it and is on its way out. what replacement would people recommend? standard or can I go for a sports exhaust ? I still want to keep the standard look with the tail pipe exit. For the time being I will gun gum and give a good coat of high temp paint

I have read on here that Larni are good, has any one had a hayward and scott made?

Thanks for you advice, she is a 1988 Esprit turbo

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC pre-92/93 cars do not need cat and that's all the MOT man may fail you on. If it aint blowing (coz of holes) cause it aint there it aint gonna cause a failed MOT????

Bibs' ASBO quicksilver system (was mine) for under

Edited by SE Owner :-D

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

I called in at the place that fabricated an exhaust for Simonf to chat about a system for a Landy, I was in the TE with the Larini, and no cat, the guy (without any prompting, or even me mentioning mine) said he thought mine needed more sound deadening, he said he'd cut out the existing silencer and put in a larger one, then make it so that I could swap back to the original (Larini) for track days, he didn't seem to realise I use it a a daily driver like that.

I guess, other than the slight bit of noise, the only draw back of a Larini with no cat is the odd flame when you back off the throttle.

Andy

I cut the boot floor in half so it is now 2 part so I can get to bits easier. I am also reglassing the bolt holes and putting new fixings in , as the old ones were bodged.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

MOT failure is bad

I took my BMW for it's MOT last week and asked the guy about this while I was there. There is no test in the test for noise so you won't fail on it.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I took my BMW for it's MOT last week and asked the guy about this while I was there. There is no test in the test for noise so you won't fail on it.

yep is true, as long as it passes the emmisions. Donnington might be a good place to hear exhausts, as people turn up for the show. Just put a four port Remus Romulus on my 88.

yep is true, as long as it passes the emmisions. Donnington might be a good place to hear exhausts, as people turn up for the show. Just put a four port Remus Romulus on my 88.

I put the dual exhaust larini on mine last year and love it. sounds great.