free hit
counters
disco lights! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beagleair

disco lights!

this would have had me laughing myself silly, if i wasnt friving a little fast down an unlit country lane at the time :lol:

my headlamps decided to put on a little show for me, how very kind. They started by switching off, and then one by one came back on and off again. the pod's were popping up and down like the car had just come alive and was trying to get my attention. funny thing is, when i tried full beam they both stayed up, but with only one side lit up!?!?

Would i be close to guessing that i have a relay fault here, o is the car trying to tell me to leave it alone? Even more bizzare is that this morning everything is working fine!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There's other posts on here about this being a contact within the mtor assembly needing cleaning. I had a similar intermittent issue, although not when driving thankfully, which was not the expected contact issue. Turned out to be a rotted in line fuse/holder. It was located in the front bay on the left (near side) under the washer bottle and awkwardly placed under my alarm siren. The guys at SJs found and sorted it - in the end they just cut out the old bit and patched in a new holder/fuse. Works a treat now and no more winking!

Hope this helps

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

the pod's were popping up and down like the car had just come alive and was trying to get my attention.

If it's not the motor assembly, I'd contact a local priest. Sounds posessed to me! :lol:

If it's not the motor assembly, I'd contact a local priest. Sounds posessed to me! :D

Or if you can't locate a priest look for a dodgy earth connection :D

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Or if you can't locate a priest look for a dodgy earth connection :D

Ah yes, the joys of having a fiberglass car. :D

Side note - looking at the avatars, funny how white Esprits seem so drawn to this question!

it was the switch! the little rockers in the back of the switch were not making a good contact, so as i drove at the correct and legal speed limit down the country road the bumps were knocking the contacts!!

canx the next priest, my car is blessed!