free hit
counters
LEF Eurohoon 2008 - Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

LEF Eurohoon 2008

Bibs

Rather than clog up another thread, here's a 'Eurohoon' one.

I'd like to find out if we can visit Italy to see the 'Silver Car' at ItalDesign. En route, perhaps a trip to France/Belgium to see Philippe Adams (ex Lotus F1 driver) and head south through France to Stelvio Pass and Italy. Other interesting roads/locations can be added and Kimbers has contacts at Lambo so we might be able to go to their factory while we're there and perhaps even gatecrash Ferrari in Maranello.

I'm seeing this as a good week away, perhaps in excess of 3,000 miles and with some choice hotels and nights out thrown in, perhaps with a bit of camping (the tent based camping Kimbers before you get too excited!). It won't be a cheap week away, fuel isn't free but will be a good laugh. Who's interested?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can prob also sort Ducati motorcycles (where I worked) if you want. Lambo would be a cracker, Ferrari I'll skip thanks :lol:

I have spoken to the "Gatekeeper" at GG's and am struggling to get past "send an e-mail" at present. i have even tried name dropping. Maybe i should ask the old man to get a call in!

So yes I'm in defo....as long as the camping is kept to an absolute minimum (I hate that crap).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

any idea of when?.....the diary is fairly packe already what with one thing and another.....

just want to check that I can keep it within my annual allowance (miles that is.....)

cheers

G

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I'll extend mine for this kind of event.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

If schedule permits: I'm In!

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

I'm in for this. We definately have to go over the Millau viaduct and pass through the tunnels at Monaco, just the thought of the sound of a fist full of Esprits thundering through makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck :D .

As for the camping, I'm with Kimbers on this.

Time to enjoy the life.

Stuart.

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

• Gold FFM

I could prob do about a 5 day euro hoon. Italdesign and Lambo sounds the dogs. Dates for me would not have to coinside with any school hols.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Defo interested, depends on dates.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Some nice factories or museums to visit.

Beware: It is difficult to get in to the Ferrari factory, but possible. The Lamborghini museum is closed during the week-end.

You must call them prior the visit, or you will stand at a closed door. It's the italian way of living, and they know how to enjoy live!!

Maserati

Via Ciro Menotti 322, Modena

+39 059 590511

Maserati autosportdivisie

Viale delle Nazioni 60, Modena

+39 059 2051520

Stanguellini Museo Auto Storiche

Via Emilia Est 756, Modena

+39 349 8181 830

info@stanguellini.it

AutoSpeak classic & sportscar

Via Emilia Est 852, Modena

+39 059 366655

Carozzeria Scaglietti

Via Emilia Est 1163, Modena

+39 059 252052

Museo dell

• Gold FFM

Only an observation really, but Two people, luggage for a week and a tent ect ect, in an Esprit - going to be mighty tight. Remember the factory and that was only 1-2 nights IMO.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Only an observation really, but Two people, luggage for a week and a tent ect ect, in an Esprit - going to be mighty tight. Remember the factory and that was only 1-2 nights IMO.

Don't worry! I took the Elise for a 2 weeks trip to southern France some years ago. No tent (well does the soft canopy qualify as a tent?) but about 20 pairs of my GFs shoes :)

I used up every space in the Elise, even stuffed some shoes in the front 'compartment' but I got all the luggage in.

So IMO luggage space in the Esprit is pure luxury! B)

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

It's all in the packing mate, the below photo is Le Mans and all the stuff in the photo goes in the Esprit, but you do need the take out the spare wheel and use that space. So here is the breakdown of how to pack an Esprit for a 5 day luxury camping trip.

Front boot, 2 air beds with all the air sucked out layed flat on the boot floor, 2 sleeping bags stuffed as far roward as possible, four man tent (this has to be the type that packs wide and flat.

Interior, 2 x Pillows, one behind each seat, maps, chargers etc, 2 x Esprit pilots.

either side on engine cover on the carpeted area inside the rearmost side windows, 2 x washbags one either side.

Rear Boot, Clothes packed into 2 x motorcycle panniers ( its amazing how much you can get in one) 2 x microfibre towels, 2 x director style deck chairs, 12v air pump, 2 pairs walking boots (optional), electric lantern, 2 x tea mugs, cleaning materials, and if you leave out the boots that creates enough space for a small stove and brewing up kit.

• Gold FFM

Can only applaud you getting that lot in an Esprit.

Pillow behind seats? Does that mean you could still get in and drive?

Dates for me are specific and set in stone so if this one doesn't take off i'm quite happy to do a micro/mini euro hoon weekender.

Any takers during school summer holidays?

I don't want to spend stupid money and i'd like to have some down time sampling euro-alcohol and tasty food for extended periods.

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Can only applaud you getting that lot in an Esprit.

Pillow behind seats? Does that mean you could still get in and drive?

Yep, Even Jim who is 6'4". We have tried inflatable pillows but it's just not the same. Last year we did fit boot rack, as we had a 5 gallon tank fitted in the boot for the water cannon.

I've wanted to see the Italian styling houses since the dawn of time, and given that Giugiaro doesn't have a public museum would give body parts to attend but as with Adrian the diary is pretty full this year.

Would be ultra flexible next year.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I think me + Louise would be up for this (dates/dog-sitter permitting etc) it sounds great - Road Trip!

As for the packing, well if a mate and I can survive with four nights down at Spa in a 340R, I'm sure an Esprit will be almost Transit like in it's luggage swallowing capabilities. Honestly, cut down on the make-up + shoes you're packing and there'll be plenty of room for your big girl's blouses in the boot! :):P