free hit
counters
March 8th Lotus Roadshow, Snetterton - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OwenGT3

March 8th Lotus Roadshow, Snetterton

Hi,

Just checked over on SELOC and there seems to be a Lotus roadshow and trackday on March the 8th at Snetterton. From what I've read the roadshow part is Stratton Motor Company perhaps displaying cars and having some new models on the track that you can try out at a price.

I just wondered if a few of the AEG group or anyone else within distance would like to make an appearance, people keep on about meeting on a weekend, so here's your chance. Also everytime there is something on at Snetterton, I'm the only Esprit to turn up to represent AEG! :crybaby:

So if I find out about what's going on, is anyone interested in going? I'll go, but I don't want to be the only bloody Esprit again!

This is a copy of an email sent to a SELOC member:

"Dear all,

Just a reminder it is just a month now until our first trackday of 2008.

Saturday 8th March at Sunny Snetterton!

Edited by OwenGT3

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Arse !!!!!

I'm supposed to be in Dublin that weekend B)

Keep off the straight and narrow

I would point out that this is actually a Lotus meet. You don't have to pay those exhorbitant fee's just to turn up, show the cars off and do what we always do (talk bollocks and drink tea).

I'd say this should be a bigger Lotus event for LEF (lets not let SELOC rule the roost) and AEG can make it so. Lets see some raised hands for attendance: (Bibs lets be havin ya!)

Owen

Kimbers

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

just to turn up, show the cars off and do what we always do (talk bollocks and drink tea).

Owen

Kimbers

Just another day at the office for you then Kimbers :D

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi

Well I phoned Laura at Heritage track days, this is a small but reasonable event to attend and it is FREE if you are just spectating!

Stratton Motor Company will be there as well as the Lotus Cars road show. You can take photos and video as long as it

2 conditions to me turning up.

1) I remember/ don't have a diary clash

2) I sort out why the Esprit just died in traffic and caused a major traffic jam on the Norwich Ring Road.

Hi,

Andy, get it fixed! no excuses, you're coming! :D

Com' on! It's gonna be just me again turning up on my own, I can see it now, one lonely Esprit being taughted by its younger siblings! One HD and all the blu-rays havin a go! :D

So far Kimbers and me, what about some of the Cambridge brigade, Brendan, Tobi? Snetterton's about the same distance as what we need to travel from Norwich. Simon, get it on the road again, I doubt the engine is out yet anyway, and the weather isn't that bad now. :D Ralph could you make this event? James, Steve, going to turn up?

I want to see a few more names on the list, two cars doesn't make an impressive line up! More people and Esprits!

You never know what might turn up as well! Now they are what you call BIG brake calipers!

DSCF9080.jpg

DSCF9076.jpg

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Owen,

Stop pansying around and get yourself booked on the track !!

:)

Incidently, I'm hoping to get the 7 up and running in order to get a "test" track day in by the end of March, beginning of Aprilm before the sprints start. If I do then if anyone wants to ride shotgun for a few laps then you're more than welcome.

I'll keep you informed .. though at the present rate I'm not sure whether I'll have time to sort the car out!! :(

Owen,

Stop pansying around and get yourself booked on the track !!

Sorry, no can do! With no rise this year yet again! Cash is tight, don't' worry the Esprit doesn't have to go yet, but money spent on it is spent wisely. Like I just shelled out

Edited by OwenGT3

My Esprits off the road till further notice so may have to turn up in an 'onda

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

My Esprits off the road till further notice so may have to turn up in an 'onda

I know the feeling. I have just done nearly 4 months without my Lotus too.

Kimbers, you can't go to a Lotus event in a Honda!

You are welcome to a lift in the Exploding Elan.

Looks like it's only me then on Saturday. :crybaby:

Not many replies about going, so much for the support. Simon, take your engine out later so Andy, Buddsy and you can go!

Last man standing again! :getmecoat:

Owen

I'll pop along around lunch time mate. Looks like Mr RIP is coming as well in the exploding Elan.

I'll pop along around lunch time mate. Looks like Mr RIP is coming as well in the exploding Elan.

Well I'll hold them off until the cavalry arrives! :getmecoat: I plan to get there arround 10-10.30ish so I should be there mid day. If the cars there and I'm not about I'm off filming somewhere around the circuit.

Owen.

Not many replies about going, so much for the support.

Bit harsh Owen! If people either aren't interested or can't make it, making them feel guilty isn't going to help!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Will be giving this one a miss.

The Exploding Elan is running but the alarm is dead, and I need it to lock the car. I expect this is only a disconnected power feed, but I am not going to get a chance to look at this until the weekend. I have also been asked to help out a friend on Saturday.

I will be at Donington though. Hope to see you all there on Saturday night.

I hope to make it as long as the weather isn't too bad. Aiming to get there by 10.30 ish so may see you there Owen?

Regards

Graeme.

Hi,

Some pictures from Saturday's Snetterton Heritage Trackday. The weather managed to stay dry although the wind did cut across the circuit and had a high chill factor. There was a good turn out of cars, especially Astons, nice to see more than one Esprit, with Graeme arriving in his turbo, also did I spy the Saint there? I spotted a metallic grey Esprit GT3, plus the big yellow storage box blue S4s was there hitting the track. I was lucky enough to talk to the owner and told him all about our intrige as to who owned this mystery car, The chaps name is James and I told him about our regular AEG meets, so hopefully we will see him at one in the near future.

I told the wife when I got back home that I wanted to buy the Vanquish, which was priced at

Edited by OwenGT3

Nicer shots mate, especially down there at Riches.

The Grey Esprit is Gumin's and it's a Turbo. Didn't see the GT3

Yeah, I spoke to Graeme and it's his Esprit in the pictures, but there was another Esprit there, perhaps grey isn't the right description for the colour, light metallic gun metal colour? I don't know what it's called, anyway it was a GT3, I'm sure it was the Saint from the forum as I've seen his car at a Lotus CL meeting. Also he left before you arrived Tony.

Owen.

Edited by Kimbers - Mod
tidy post, please use add reply when replying to a post that is just previous, not quote and reply - thx

Hi Owen,

Sorry I have not replied before but I have been away on business.

Yes it was me at Snetterton on Saturday & you are correct it is a GT3 in Titanium (Silver'ish) & it's for sale.

I was there to see a friend who has a Caterham R300. Could not spend all day watching as it was my wedding anniversary and you have to keep a healthy balance so just spent a couple of hours watching.

The Saint

Kimbers,

The track shots were taken at Russell (just before the Senna/start/finish straight) and not Riches (at the end of the Senna straight) <_<

Saint,

Just out of interest, is your friend a member of The Lotus 7 Club .. if so I may well know him.

Glad Sunday was a good day . . . it was rather a daze for me after spending Saturday watching rugby in Dublin.

Sign in to follow this