free hit
counters
PH Lotus Turbo Esprit hc Commemorative No. 12 - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bo90

PH Lotus Turbo Esprit hc Commemorative No. 12

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I spent 5 yrs looking for mine and that was 5 years ago and in that 10 yrs dont recall seeing a red special edition before. Beginning to think that they didn't exsist. Only three Special colours in two tone on the last 20 or 21 depending where you read to celebrate 20 yrs at Hethel.

Red Cherry and Red Calypso

Essex Blue and Mediterranean Blue

Shadow Grey and Silver Frost

How many where made in each colour I have yet to find out.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I had a 1987 Guigaro N/A HC in black. I got a letter from Lotus saying it was one of the last 6 off the production line or something.

Perhaps that's what he means. The N/A HC version is quite rare as only the last few cars were fitted with that engine. It had a few things in it like adjustable seats and slightly different leather from the older G cars but it wasen't a special.

I bought mine for 8K and sold it for 5k so I wouldnt say it means anything in money wise.

Rich

Edited by MGFCrasher

I had a 1987 Guigaro N/A HC in black. I got a letter from Lotus saying it was one of the last 6 off the production line or something.

Perhaps that's what he means. The N/A HC version is quite rare as only the last few cars were fitted with that engine. It had a few things in it like adjustable seats and slightly different leather from the older G cars but it wasen't a special.

I bought mine for 8K and sold it for 5k so I wouldnt say it means anything in money wise.

Rich

Hi Richard,

I belief your ex black Esprit S3 N/A HC is still on the LEW/for sale site. And I would want a LHD one for that price.

Jean

120,000 kilometres, so actually not too bad related to age.

Is it one of the last ones? I always thought they were 2 tone paint, that one looks single tone to me?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

I also understood the Special Edition cars had the words "Limited Edition and the model number" on the flanks of the car.

Like this

espritturbohcltd2.jpg

There are no shots of the interior which would show the limited edition styling and use of different leathers. There should also be a plaque inside with the edition no on. Having said all this it is possible the car was ordered with different features as we all know they are often very individual cars. One would want details of the vin etc to check the history with Lotus to see what was spec'ed in the first place.

reference the mileage the ad is a bit vague as it suggests two different figures. 160,000 kms ( 100,000 miles appox) and 120,000 km's (75,000 miles appox).

Shame the quality of the pictures is so low

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

120,000 kilometres, so actually not too bad related to age.

There's a mistake on the ad. It say 120,000 miles at the top, lower down 160,000 km, 120,000 km below that :D .

Still, could have had an engine rebuild in that time (although it's not mentioned). Otherwise it's due for one (and the car's probably worth about

I emailed the owner immidiately to forward me some clearer photos and also asked whether he had the certificate, Alpine Stereo and luggage set . I also emailed my good friend who lives in Cape Town to contact the seller and eventually view the car. Although the photo is poor I believe it to be a Limited Edition HC. I have not seen a red L.E HC since 1986 when i visited the Motorshow. I did take 3 photos however none of them show the limited number of the show car. The cover of LOTUS HERITAGE has a red L.E. hc but the edition number is not clear. UK Sports Cars, formally Kent Sports Cars did sell a 2-tone red hc about 8 years ago. I know that No. 12 came off the production line around 30/4/87 and I do have the chassis number for it so i would be able to check.

In the last 3 months since aquiring No. 11 I have seen 13,14,15,20 and now 12.

As for the price i think it's a real snip!!! :D

Below is my No.11 next to No.13

post-1783-1204143606.jpg

Edited by botus

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Below is my No.11 next to No.13

Hate to wander off topic but any idea why the little vents at the top of the bonnet are different? The silver one has the usual 6 square openings, but the blue has two rectangular openings...hmmm.

Bo, is that photo taken at G.S.T?

Yes GST Chris,

With regards to the bonnet I can only assume that the very last Giugiaro cars were fitted with a 2 vent bonnet. I have seen a non commemorative hc with this 2 vent bonnet and the new Lotus Spare Parts list only has this style available also.

Yes GST Chris,

With regards to the bonnet I can only assume that the very last Giugiaro cars were fitted with a 2 vent bonnet. I have seen a non commemorative hc with this 2 vent bonnet and the new Lotus Spare Parts list only has this style available also.

My car has the 6 vents (Feb87) . Barry Ely are currently selling no 15 (6/6/87 according to the cert. shown on the ad and has a vin no. ending 12500) of the limited edition which has the 2 vents and the one on pistonheads ( no12) has 2. So between Bo's car no 11 and no 12 it has changed. are there any photos of the cars after no 15 to see if this is consistent

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

My car has the 6 vents (Feb87) . Barry Ely are currently selling no 15 (6/6/87 according to the cert. shown on the ad and has a vin no. ending 12500) of the limited edition which has the 2 vents and the one on pistonheads ( no12) has 2. So between Bo's car no 11 and no 12 it has changed. are there any photos of the cars after no 15 to see if this is consistent

My No. 11 was signed off the production line on the 16th March 1987 with the 6 vents. I can only assume that cars made after March had the 2 vent bonnet. I have been told by Lotus that it wasn't important to have a consecutive build or number run for the Limited Edition cars, they were pulled off the line fairly randomly. According to information from Chris Brown No. 11 was followed by No 2,3,13,16,4,14,15 then 12! However the info I have on No.15 does not match it's own certificate, so all very confusing! :)

we'll have to get the boss to set up an 'hc' sub forum then we can talk about it all day... :( :crazy: :)

my guess would be the specification, colour order for each car plus when it was required for delivery and to where, ie domestic or overseas. May have had an impact on which car was pulled of the line. Be nice to keep a record of this as it builds so we can see how many 'hc' s are out there.

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

While most of you headed up to the east midlands for your Lotus jamboree I was unhappily heading south to Woolwich, however I somehow had to have my Esprit "fix" so I made a slight detour to Barry Ely's garage to see No. 15 which has been up for sale for quite a while.

I was disappointed to see that the Esprit was not at the garage but at Barry,s home but then amazed to hear that No.15 was sold 3 days earlier for........