free hit
counters
I NEARLY FILLED MY PANTS! - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I NEARLY FILLED MY PANTS!

bo90

Here I was, browsing the pages of LEF in the early hours as you do when suddenly my pc, window and chair started to shake!!! Thought the riot police had smashed through the front of the house but after only a few seconds all was still and quiet again! Absolutely bricked it!! :lol:

Edited by botus

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear I am not the only one being spooked by eathquakes! Though I guess they are somewhat more unusual in Nottingham than they are here.

There is one almost every day somewhere in Japan and more or less every week there is one here that has me ready to dive under the desk. Take a look at this web site. Along with weather statistics we also get eathquake statistics.

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/quake/

The development centre I work in is built in an extinct volcano (we even have 2 tunnels to go through to get in and out of the complex, just like in James Bond movies!) that is situated on the intersection of 2 major fault lines. A brilliant bit of business planning I thought!

Malc

yep i have just got back from work in worksop, was in my office upstairs when the whole factory started shaking, very strange happened about 12:50, you could feel it running through the building starting from one corner and vibrating through a bit like being too close to a fast moving train

It's Oogies turn to boogie

I felt a small tremor, attributed it to the red wine. :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Feli it here too.Thought the house was going to collapse! Not good, but nothing you can do, which is even worse.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

The Earth didnt move for you? :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

well that explains the weird dream..

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Yeah woke me up and I was looking round the house looking for the burglar! Only thing that had moved was my Lotus! I keep it in the garage without the hand brake on and it had moved forward slightly and was pushing on the garage door, opening it a bit.

I felt bugger all :D

That's just what my Mrs says after the earths moved for me!

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

I felt a small tremor, attributed it to the red wine. :D

At least that explains the red wine stain on the (white) carpet this morning :D

I slept through it completely, I always seem to miss these things. Back in the eighties when the infamous "Apparently a lady rang the BBC and said she heard there was a hurricane on the way. Well, don't worry if you're watching, there isn't." hurricane I slept soundly all night long only to wake up & find half the neighbourhood collapsed!

It was pretty harsh here. I was just going to bed and the Mrs was in bed. The whole house shook for about 10 secs and the dog went spare!

Kids woke up scared but I have been in a stronger one in the far east before so knew what it was.

Question: Can they blame it on global warming? :D

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Blimey..........Earthquake Tax :D

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

felt it in Bury, Lancs. woke me up, thought the kids had jumped on the bed, about ready to shout at them when reality seeped in, lol being rocked around the bed, things falling off shelves lol

i was so full of adrenalin it took me a while to get back to sleep, the kids slept through it lol

Sounds like a good idea for a new UK tax.

Clearly it was caused by the removal of crude oil from under the North Sea, this in turn warms up the ocean, and the wind pattern changes as a result, causing trees in Brazil to be timbered for corn crop, causing birds to get fatter and not fly and cows to pass more gas, so the ozone hole is getting larger due to the lack of CO2, or the CO2 is creating the issue or something like that, and the whole thing can be corrected with taxes really, if spent on the correct prodject....

...so I hear. Hahahaha...... Now, all of you send money to me so I can stash it on my secret island or I'll fire up my Earthquake machine again.... Wooohahahaha....

(yes, I am looooosing it)

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

Northeast Earthquake Redcross Appeal

The intesity for last nights quake in our area was at Number 5 with damage done to properties in our region, the local help groups have set up a much needed appeal to ensure that Barnsley is back to full swing ASAP.

An Appeal For Your Help

A major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale, hit in the early hours of Wednesday morning. Epicentre: Newcastle, England.

News of the disaster was swiftly carried abroad by the towns 35000 racing pigeons, as victims were seen wandering around aimlessly muttering "fookinhell" and "choofinnorah".

The earthquake decimated the town causing