free hit
counters
clutch job done - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jpspeedy

clutch job done

well I did it, changed the clutch and then old clutch master not up to the job so change it tonight, wasn't too hard of a job. Only real problem was getting the roll pins out of right axle. someone had then in wrong on that side. Left side came right out. The up rated clutch from JAE feels great. jp

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congrats . . . I did mine a few months ago . . . always surprised me how many other things you have to take off just to get done what you want to get done . . . I would do the steel hose if you have not already done so, replace that red plastic thing . . made my car feel much better .

Congrats . . . I did mine a few months ago . . . always surprised me how many other things you have to take off just to get done what you want to get done . . . I would do the steel hose if you have not already done so, replace that red plastic thing . . made my car feel much better .
that was done a long time ago. jp

well I did it, changed the clutch and then old clutch master not up to the job so change it tonight, wasn't too hard of a job. Only real problem was getting the roll pins out of right axle. someone had then in wrong on that side. Left side came right out. The up rated clutch from JAE feels great. jp

How much did the JAE clutch cost? I'm also interested in the PUK clutch, but the exchange rate is really hard to swallow these days.

I paid somewhere just south of $400 for the clutch disk and pressure plate, my throw out bearing was fine, car only had 24k on it. someone had misadjusted the shims on the bottom of the tranny and was running the clutch adjusted all the way out on the nut by the hydrolics, the car had had 2 clutches before i got it . . .crazy. received it in days . . .nice

How much did the JAE clutch cost? I'm also interested in the PUK clutch, but the exchange rate is really hard to swallow these days.

I'm not sure any longer $700, call them. jp