free hit
counters
Ebay (USA) - 1988 Lotus Esprit Turbo - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Clark

Ebay (USA) - 1988 Lotus Esprit Turbo

Almost lost my lunch when I stumbled upon this vandalized creature:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Espri...tem170195418173

The seller says the "Emblems and Batches were added to look more exotic". What?! Okay, stand back... :(

The Esprit is already very exotic - going to Wal*Mart and sticking cheap plastic :D on a rare beauty will not improve it! Few things are tackier than fake portholes. Even worse, the square Maserati-looking ones are stuck on the wrong sides, and in general clash horribly with the different Buick-style oval ones.

Right/left side wheels aren't mounted the same for some reason, the lines are curved opposite direstions.

And as much as I love the Lotus logo, the car does not need two of them stuck on each side! :D

If I had the money, I'd buy it, take the junk off it, and re-sell it. Bet I'd get more bids than he has...

Whew, rant over, off to bed with me :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What a knob, he needs some lessons in taste, that's awful!

The wheels are correct by the looks :) I've never noticed that before!

Lotus_Esprit_Turbo_4.jpg

Lotus_Esprit_Turbo_7.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

OK let's just shoot the F****r who did it.

OH should be, shoot him somewhere death is not quick, but is assured, that way he can understand the suffering he inflicted on anybody that looked at the car.

Andy

Nice stickers....now all he needs is a nice big spoiler on the back and it's sorted....wonder where I can get those....... :) hello?.......Where's everyone gone?......why am I banned?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Wasn't there a red Esprit in Denmark/Norway with Ferrari badges all over it and a cobra for a gearstick?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Holy F***

That is a true abomination. I wouldn't be suprised if the owner has been found swinging from a lamp post.

As for the 3rd one, is he a chav do you think?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Take a look at the eBay seller's other items for sale -- he has ten other cars, all with stickers and badges "to make it more exotic"!!! :)

This guy must be the craziest seller on eBay!

Here are some of his other cars:

4902_12.JPG

1df7_12.JPG

174a_12.JPG

8900_12.JPG

and . . . . wait for it . . .

:crazy: WTF?!?!? :crazy:

ca19_3.JPG

...and he really needs to take the soft filter off of the camera lens! It's obnoxious just to look at the pictures, never mind the subjects!

Edited by Tony K

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE