free hit
counters
Sidelight push-button switch - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Winter

Sidelight push-button switch

Just got back from failed MOT: this switch.

Does anyone know which Vauxhall it's off? It's a GM part so presumably it is available from a Vauxhall dealer. My local Lotus dealer doesn't have one in stock.

Many thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
What switch? Can't see anything.

It's one of the five above the radio, second one in from the right, next to the headlamp switch.

Hi Edward,

If yours is a post 98 then the buttons all come from Peugeot 205. Only problem is that these have been obselete for 13 years so some dealers might not even list the 205 on their computer!

Try Peugeot breakers but again, these have been off the road for so long that seeing them in a breaker will be few and far between.

Troy may have these buttons but may only sell the full interior that he may have.

Also try ebay.

So what's up with your button exactly?

Post your old one to me and I'll try and fix it for you?

Hello mate,

I had a fault with my main headlight switch. I think it was just worn out.

The switch pushes in, but does not keep the lights on unless I keep my finger on it. Not much fun lol.

I bought mine from SJ Sports cars. Is this what you're after? http://www.sjsportscars.co.uk/partsandacce...h&offset=30

Hope that helps.

John

Edited by Predator

If you can wait until the end of March, you might be lucky and pick up a replacement from Donington. Just a thought.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

If you can wait until the end of March, you might be lucky and pick up a replacement from Donington. Just a thought.

Graham.

Many thanks for all the replies.

if you are a "handy" man, you could re-fab the switch. It does not lock if the internal spring an locking plate is out of position. It's like a ball pen style constructed.

(two of my light switches are "overhauled" and the locking plates are reshaped with a hot soldering iron)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

pm send to Edward, I have offered to fix for him but time is not on Edward's side.

Dave