free hit
counters
Any new news on the new Lotus - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Any new news on the new Lotus

Toua

Is there any new news on the lotus Esprit!

I read just about everything in LEW about it but I need more new news.. cant stand it anymore! more information... im like a computer.. cannot compute! awww... need more data.. more 1 and 0's.

or else how about this c++.net code

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()

{

for(;;:)

{

cout << "infinite loop" << endl;

}

}

enjoy this code :)

*p.s. for any non programmers.. it just goes on forever on your screen until you hit CTRL + BREAK. or if your computer illiterate.. it goes on forever and ever and ever! :) enjoy!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toua, are you drunk? :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Toua, are you drunk?  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no just bored out of my mind. I cant sit still. .i need to read or like learn more.. it just sucks to waste your life away not learning or trying something new.. I lke to know and learn.. and use what i learn (wisdom) on the real world

no just bored out of my mind.  I cant sit still. .i need to read or like learn more.. it just sucks to waste your life away not learning or trying something new.. I lke to know and learn.. and use what i learn (wisdom) on the real world

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For starters, try using the word "like" less. It would show that the college education is paying off.

Kim Ogaard-Nielsen, CEO of Group Lotus, told us at LOG 25 the "Lotus Supercar" would be named Esprit and will have a V8 but he wouldn't expand on that. At

LOG 24 Lotus did a symposium for Esprit owners to get input on the new "Lotus Supercar". They showed us a design silohoutte of the car that wasn't too bad and a test mule (with a lengthened Esprit body - about 3 inches) running around Hethel covering the chassis.

Hopefully next year at LOG 26 we will get more details!

Feff

Kim Ogaard-Nielsen, CEO of Group Lotus, told us at LOG 25 the "Lotus Supercar" would be named Esprit and will have a V8 but he wouldn't expand on that.  At

LOG 24 Lotus did a symposium for Esprit owners to get input on the new "Lotus Supercar".  They showed us a design silohoutte of the car that wasn't too bad and a test mule (with a lengthened Esprit body - about 3 inches) running around Hethel covering the chassis.

Hopefully next year at LOG 26 we will get more details!

Feff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

from what I am led to believe......

more tetsing mules are being built and the (almost) final outer shell design is good to go !!! It WILL be a V8 but can't say whose V8 it is.......If I told you, I would have to kill you !!!

That means BMW doesn't it :)

I really hope they don't f*ck up. They've had success with the Elise, but from my outside and unknowledgeable perspective develepment of the new Esprit seems to be an entirely different path...

or maybe one sucky fake magazine "spy shot after another has soured me

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I've also read Lexus V8. Maybe turboed. There's a guy in NZ who does an absolutely fabulous (that was a good Brit comedy) copy of the F40 with blown Lexus V8. Speculates the power around 800bhp. Actually those kiwi's turn out some top notch specials, replicas, rebuilds etc. Check out their Saker too.

www.f40.co.nz

www.saker.co.nz

Edited by DanR1201

DanR

A little birdie told me... that the new V8 engine will be proided by Merc/AMG. But you didn't hear this from me :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't want to be a smartar5e, but I HONESTLY believe that your bird is misleading you. That is unless things drastically change from the decision that has already been made. Nahhhhhhh, not AMG, nor is it Lexus.......if i were you i would keep listening out for some more birdies.....

If lotus can afford to build a v-8 engine why can't they afford to build a transmission.. engine = transmission + head.

I dont get it? can someone help me on this issues.. I know its a small car company but they build engines for GM why can't they build a transmission?

Because the engineering and tooling costs a fortune and you have only a few thousand units, if you are lucky, to spread the cost over. And, because you only want a few parts from each supplier, you get stiffed on prices and are always way down the priority list. Who are you going to chase around for? Lotus with an order for 200 gears or bearings or shafts, or, say, Ford who wnat thousands and will have thew money to pay you?

Easier to take an exisitng transmission and adapt it to suit.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

agreed. i fabricate stuff all the time, and designing around existing parts saves time and money. i so often grab stuff from the boating and atv industry becuase it is mass produced, cheap, and locally available. problem with lotus, is they invariably select existing parts which are not cheap nor readily available.

Because the engineering and tooling costs a fortune and you have only a few thousand units, if you are lucky, to spread the cost over.  And, because you only want a few parts from each supplier, you get stiffed on prices and are always way down the priority list.  Who are you going to chase around for?  Lotus with an order for 200 gears or bearings or shafts, or, say, Ford who wnat thousands and will have thew money to pay you?

Easier to take an exisitng transmission and adapt it to suit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Totally Agree, and Lotus are NOT making their own engine as this would cost massive amounts. I am led to believe that the cost of bespoke transmission design is in the region of

So witht he new Esprit, you guys are OK with a bought-in engine?  I'd prefer one built to spec (like Zeus did for Lotus with the V8).

Feff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Lotus built the engine. Zeus just made the castings.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

what happened to the VW/Proton tie-up? Audi V8 anyone? Mercedes/AMG engine is already in the Zonda supercar. It is the most beautiful engine bay I have ever seen.

As long as they stick with a mainstream engine that doesn't go bang like the TVRs, they should be ok. I don't think buyers will put up with supercars which are in for repairs all the time.

Anyway, my main concern is how Lotus is going to price this - traditionally they have priced in the bracket just below Porsche. Hope they keep it real.

Well just a thought but the new Covette engine seems to be a little bit naughty. I hear of a lot people tuning up this engine and getting massive figures.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the new Z06 is pushing 500hp and 500lbs of torque from that little v8!