free hit
counters
Any new news on the new Lotus - Page 6 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Any new news on the new Lotus

Toua

OMG....

I just said

THEY ARE BANNED

EU LEGISLATION

Supposedly break pedestrians legs etc

This subject has been discussed 97 million times on this forum alone!

There is nothing more to say

They're Illegal for new cars.

END

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What..?  So, every time someone draws a picture and says "i think the new esprit will look like this" you expect a press anouncement from hethel saying "actually its not like that at all"...?

:o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's what i'd be doing if i found out about it. and i'd be smug about the denouncement. it's smarter than buying advertising. hence, either lotus can't make the denial because the picture is accurate, or lotus intentinally leaked the information the picture is based on.

heh, Teigan... you've always had your opinions on the intelligence of Lotus staff anyway. Do you really think they'd be smart enough to do something like that? :o

Hopefully they're busy making the new esprit better...

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I still they'd be a good idea and i'm sure Lotus would find a way to use them

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How exactly would they do that? Seeing as they are, in fact, illegal. Some kind of disguise? I don't think they can get away with sticking a comedy moustache and a hat on them and hoping no one will notice. :o

Seriously, are you attempting to cause Robin's blood pressure to rise to dangerous levels or have you failed to grasp that pop-up headlights are no longer allowed on new cars? :o

(Bear in mind that, depending on your answer, you will be either evil or a bit dim. So which is it? :P )

Posted Image

Fish is also Evil. Things cancel out. (I still don't know what kind of Dr. He is- gyno?)

I definitely wouldn't notice if the pop up lights were somehow... hidden, beneath panels of bodywork! :o

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

............Chatting to a dealer today, he said (thinks) the new engine will be from Audi, a twin turbo V8, ...........

Dom

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And that would give them access to some excellent Audi gearboxes including autos. Much as we like manuals, there's a whole market out there being ignored as long as there aren't any. Porsche, BMW, Alfa, Mercedes and the rest discovered that some time ago.

DanR

Fine thanks! :o

Personally, I'd go with the gag - because even with the ear plugs they'll still be able to see your lips moving. :P

Now...how come Lotus aren't going to put pop-up lights on the new Esprit? Robin? What's all this about EU legislation? Robin? How close are you to breaking-point? Have you started chanting yet?Robin...? :o

Posted Image

Fish is also Evil. Things cancel out. (I still don't know what kind of Dr. He is- gyno?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe he is an ichthyologist. a malusichthyologist, rejected by marineland.

Looks like Mr.Williams is currently occupied with some poor guys 18 yr. old daughter :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Fish is allowed to date an 18 year old am I allowed to date a 10 year old?

It's the same principal

slade

Slade thats Sick Sick Sick!!!!!

Vicki, not sure what you're getting at, That Mr Fish does seem to have a short fuse doesn't he, and not all that up for discussion on this topic.

I was thinking about these popup lights.....

We've got seat belt pretensioners, inteligent airbag systems, collapsible steering colums, why not PRM's (Pod Retraction Mechanisms)

If Lotus investigated this route i'm sure the EU would allow them.

Another idea would be to equip the Esprit with DPU's, more commenly known as Deformable Pod Units.

With all of Lotus's engineering experience, i'm sure they could come up with somethig workable, maybe we sould contact them and suggest these ideas.

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Yes I have DEFINITELY got better things to do with someone's 18 year old 34DD daughter than get annoyed now! :P

Slade - you're welcome to try... but I think the villagers with pitchforks and burning torches will probably arrive on your doorstep before the day is out!

I guess it also depends on what measure you are using for cpmparison?

x-years younger than yourself? Or,

x-years above the legal age of consent (which incidentally is 16 in the UK)

or in my personal case - she's really bright, smart and kind, takes no shit and is good company! (oh and rather visually pleasing! :) )

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Fishy,thats all well and good ,but why cant the new Esprit have pop up lights? :P  :)  :)  :P  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

go tell that to your Euro people who makes up all these stupid car rules like "no pop up headlights"!

or do what I do and say, "SCREW THIS SHIT" im going to mod my car to have pop up headlights bc no one is going to know! bc i can just say that it is stock, and to bad for them legestlatures! there is no law against modding your car to have pop up headlights! only at the factory are they not able to put pop up headlights as stock, but lotus could have like a little kit for people who want pop up headlights, but it would just void the warrenty on the lights!

that sounds good to me!

hey patrick. i searched around for official AM DB10 spy shots, and was disappointed with nothing reliable. i did see a photoshoppe job by an aston martin fan. ]

hello TEIGAN?

Late answer sorry. When I spoke about DB 10 I mean that this could be the target for you to draw a project to AML for a car futur non existing to day DB 10 , but in 5 years may be.

that could be a chance for a designer, and why not for you : that's an idea when I have seen the draw of your car.

best regards

PATRICK

"Aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio" Salvator Rosa when 25 years old National Gallery London

Why the fuss about pop-up lights? They are not a Lotus must-have. They weren't on the original Elite or on the Europa.

The gorgeous Lotus Eleven didn't have them

And other beautiful cars didn't have them such as the Dino

Let alone the E-type, probably the most famous sportscar design of all.

The technology of lights has moved on so they don't need to be great big things anymore. They are much easier to integrate into a good design.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Alright, I would prefer pop ups. I think it's a generational thing. Every sports car in my generation had popups, and I'm sad to see them go.

The Dino and 11 aren't really my style anyways :P Not to say there haven't been good looking cars without popups...

Anyways, this thread is turning down real fast... can't we get back on the subject of romantic encounters with underaged folk?

x-years younger than yourself? Or,

x-years above the legal age of consent (which incidentally is 16 in the UK)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as for that, 16, really? I'm moving to the UK :) Though I've heard Brazil has no age of consent...

slade

i scared a pigeon weeks back, by popping the lights from under it. moments like that are priceless. luckily it left too hurriedly to leave a poo.

can't we get back on the subject of romantic encounters with underaged folk?

as for that, 16, really? I'm moving to the UK :) Though I've heard Brazil has no age of consent...

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i've lived both places. and i'm proud to say i didn't have those kinds of relationships. however i find that english schoolgirl fetish so hilarious that i can never consider it sexy.