free hit
counters
Any new news on the new Lotus - Page 8 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Any new news on the new Lotus

Toua

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a new: the new is that the new engine Esprit could be a V8 from Toyota if this new is "true" :) that is a promise of power and reliability :):):)

"Aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio" Salvator Rosa when 25 years old National Gallery London

The test mules at Lotus ARE NOT running Lexus/Toyota, AMG/Merc, Honda Engines.!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People - PLLEEAAASSSSSEEEE...

Read this thread before posting on it!

Pay PARTICULAR attention to all posts by Neuron and if he says that it's not something then it's NOT it...

The number of times this thread has repeated speculation that has already been disounted is too numerous to mention!

Set (my_tether) := end_of;

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Audi V8TT? And with those new gearboxes that have the double clutch set-up? Probably the only source left for Lotus to obtain a strong in-line gearbox now that Renault have stopped making them. Not likely they could get boxes from Porsche, Ferrari or their other competition. Could use Hewlands but the cost!

DanR

People - PLLEEAAASSSSSEEEE...

Read this thread before posting on it!

Pay PARTICULAR attention to all posts by Neuron and if he says that it's not something then it's NOT it...

The number of times this thread has repeated speculation that has already been disounted is too numerous to mention!

Set (my_tether) := end_of;

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fish! sit down and pour yourself a nice glass of screenwash fluid, Cheers

574248.jpg

P.S. who said we have to believe what Neuron is telling us? :)

Audi V8/ transaxle still most likely :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Err because of the fact that he WORKS ON IT ...and the Audi has already been discouned by him also!

So, (ONCE AGAIN :) ) that pretty much leaves BMW

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

I wish they'd use the wonga to mate a good box to their now fairly developed V8 of their own...

though I do understand the financial constraints so just dropping in a Bim lump, means it comes with a pre-developed, 'known quantity' box - possibly with horrible automatic and flappy paddle options :)

Err because of the fact that he WORKS ON IT ...and the Audi has already been discouned by him also!

So, (ONCE AGAIN :) ) that pretty much leaves BMW

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is becoming like one of those Bond movies. Maybe Neuron is a double agent whose orders are to throw us sleuths of the track?

DanR

My mechanic absolutely told me that the Elise absolutely wasn't going to use a Toyota engine (I think he erred towards Mitsu?)

How do I know you are trustworthy? :)

One of us should sleep with Neuron. That's what Bond would do

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

This is becoming like one of those Bond movies. Maybe Neuron is a double agent whose orders are to throw us sleuths of the track?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not a double agent, he is the Hethel agent studying the Esprit owning masses, I think. Which is fine if that means they will fix the stuff we don't like. Don't give it electro-hydraulic brakes, please.

Jens

15407iq.jpgProud member of The Fearless Red Squadron

Better living through turbocharging!

I could understand cloak and dagger stuff over what they do best / will lead the market in (ie their chassis and suspension development) but I suspect the supposed secrecy over the rest of it is for different reasons...

1) Drivetrain - possibly they have been trying out different packages from different companies - perhaps with gagging 'orders' so noone looks bad should they NOT use them... I personally supsect it's more likely to be because they don't want incorrect information getting out until things are 100% finalised and cast in stone (ie blood-ink on paper) and deals done

2) Bodyshape / cosmetics etc... Why get tied intoa design TODAY when the car's not due out for another year and a half or whatever - this way they can change the designs both internally and externally right up until the last minute - just in case there are changes in fashion (and before anmyone says they shouldnt be following it... what if their design IS a couple of years ahead and the rest of the world has already caught up by the time it is released... they will then need to get ahead of the game again! :) ) and being obvious, they're a company not a bunch of penniless, eastern european avant garde performing artists... they have a market to sell to and there's no point bringing something to market that the majority of their potential customers already feel is out of date.

How it used to be done. :)

Get brilliant designer to build showcar. B)

Public wildly approve of car :)

Figure out how to engineer car :)

Release under developed car for sale (to generate income for company) :)

Gradually address engineering , performance and quality issues over the next 25 odd years :)

giugiaro_lotus.jpg

SUNP0003-1.jpg

hello every one ,

before 2006 or 2007 everybody thinks that the new engine for the Lotus "nouveau" Esprit will be: :) , :P , :) , :) ,.....!...?

I fact no one , and me, knows ! and each of us has is owned idea because of her or his feeling about story and developpment of Lotus.

Write your the name of this engine for you and what will be the futur engine of Esprit : V8? V6? V4? ......And at the end , when it will be known.... "The winner(s) is :):) (are).

good luck

My idea is first a Toyota V8 compressor (as Exige 240....) to (US market) and late V6 (compressor) to UK and overseas.

Ukrocketcar

"Aut tace aut loquere meliora silentio" Salvator Rosa when 25 years old National Gallery London

Patrick, Please read back through this thread - most of this has already been answered....

Good spotting Karl-Franz....

Well that's really good news :)

Both in terms of the reputation of the car and for all the staff at Hethel :)

I think you'll find that's just shoddy reporting and they are just referring to the Aluminium substructure / VVA thing...