free hit
counters
Goodwood Breakfast Club Sunday 6th April 2008 - SLEG's meet - Page 3 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gghc87

Goodwood Breakfast Club Sunday 6th April 2008 - SLEG's meet

Noticed I am still in there but I am being dragged to a christening so wont be there I'm afraid updated list:

1. Cliff (gghc87)

2: Pete (peteyg)

3: Hilly (Hilly) mutant behavoral problems depending

4: Daz (dazman3)

5. Peter (pitstoppete) hopefully. new house buying permitting.

6. Matt (Caulkhead68) - subject to car being back on the road (currently with Troy having some work done)

7. Rog (SE OWNER) - what he said...

8. Gary (sparky) - wife working again. She's getting suspicious.

9. Jon (GT3-jonny) - maybe, hopefully

10. Andrew (obione) - probably, work permitting.

11. Mark (LotusNA88)

12.Setras- even if the speedo isnt back I will be there

13. Darren (Atomic Punk) - Elise

14. Bibs + Little miss bibs -Esprit SE

15. alex-GT3- + Bibs Jnr - GT3

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Had my first good day of work on the Esprit today - lots sorted out. Not much cleaning though, due to awful weather. Hope it brightens up in a few hours!

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Dammit. Brands Hatch Redux.

At 0600, there was a light dusting of snow. At 0615 it was a blizzard. No matter, I decided, I'll give it a go.

By the time I got to the M25, conditions were treacherous and max speeds were around 45-50mph, apart from the occasional idiot snowboarding in lane 3. Just south of J17 the snow had become heavy enough to cover all the road surface. Some lunatic MR2 driver sailed past me, performed a pirouette, and took the front off a Meriva.

That did it for me. A careful exit (30mph) at J16 and a very sedate run home through the back roads which, although more snow-laden, were somewhat less populated by fools who don't understand basic physics.

No doubt it'll turn out to be a lovely day. But in those conditions I was never going to make it in time, if at all. Naturally, snowfall stopped a few minutes after I got home. Hey ho.

Have fun!

Hi guys,

What a great meet, Goodwood in the Snow!

It was good to meet up with everybody again, and I have attached a few pictures.

The 1st is the view from the paddock where we were all taking refuge

The 2nd one is us leaving Goodwood with Pete behind me

The 3rd one is us heading to the hotel with cliff in front of me.

post-21-1207483037.jpg

post-21-1207483092.jpg

post-21-1207483207.jpg

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

I had an enjoyable morning, nice to meet so many. The scenery was amazing with the snow. Got turned around by the police at the horse track. A couple of elise's collided further down the road. once on the A27 things were clear. Did pass a BMW nose first up an embankment on the A3........

Had a fun time this morning (except for the 6:30am start) and good to put a few more faces to LEF names.

The snow made the gathering ummmm.... eventful, but it was a good turn out.

Hilly

PS I also spotted the interestingly parked BMW on the A3

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Great you see you all and proud to be part of a group who doesn't chicken out if the weatherman says it might not be sunny all day long!!

Enjoy the pics.

SLEG rules :smoke:

DSCF3302.jpg

DSCF3305.jpg

DSCF3307.jpg

DSCF3310.jpg

DSCF3319.jpg

DSCF3323.jpg

DSCF3324.jpg

DSCF3329.jpg

DSCF3334.jpg

DSCF3335.jpg

DSCF3339.jpg

DSCF3340.jpg

DSCF3344.jpg

DSCF3349.jpg

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

It was good to see you all

Apologies for not staying too long - but my son had started to freeze.

He is now in the front room sneezing his head off - just what we need for half term :smoke:

Cheers

Matt :smoke:

Pete - are those pics in chronological order? Does this mean I coulda made it if I'd left home at 0330?

Bugger.

Great to see you all there, despite the weather. That was definitely not in the forcast first thing this morning.

Started out well, with a bit of over cast. Look we even got our very own covered parking to protect us for what was about to come.

DSC00468.jpg

The Hard core Esprit enthusiasts.

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

& then the Snow came a little.........

DSC00479.jpg

& some more......

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

But we stuck ot out just the same.

DSC00494.jpg

Can anyone spot the '2/11'

DSC00495.jpg

Even this R8 paid a brief visit.

DSC00488.jpg

& then we made a run, be it very slowly, back to the Hotel, so we could wait out the weather & thaw out a bit, this being most benifitial for those who's heaters are a bit dodgy.

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

By the time I got back to Portmouth the sun was cracking the flags. Good day just the same, Thanks Cliff & Pete for running with this one. I do hope that every one made it back Ok.

Daz

Edited by dazmans3

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

What fantastic first meeting of SLEGS, we already seem to have a mascot.

Hope everyone got home without any problems and very well done all those who attending in appalling weather conditions and it's an meeting that will be remembered for a long time.

What fun, to see the Ferrari boys high tailing it out of Goodwood at the 1st sign of snow.

Great to relax and chat in the Hotel after and look forward to the next one.

Some pictures.

DSCF0805.jpg

DSCF0808.jpg

DSCF0810.jpg

DSCF0812.jpg

DSCF0813.jpg

DSCF0814.jpg

DSCF0815.jpg

DSCF0818.jpg

DSCF0819.jpg

DSCF0820.jpg

DSCF0821.jpg

DSCF0822.jpg

DSCF0823.jpg

DSCF0824.jpg

DSCF0825.jpg

DSCF0826.jpg

DSCF0827.jpg

DSCF0828.jpg

DSCF0829.jpg

DSCF0830.jpg

DSCF0832.jpg

DSCF0833.jpg

DSCF0834.jpg

DSCF0835.jpg

DSCF0837.jpg

Will post a few more once someone else posts up 1st :smoke:

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Great pics! I am sooooo hacked off at having to abort. Eventually took 90 mins to cover just under 30 miles.

Not a good record for me so far. There's always the next one...

:smoke: more

DSCF0838.jpg

DSCF0839.jpg

DSCF0840.jpg

DSCF0841.jpg

DSCF0842.jpg

DSCF0852.jpg

DSCF0857.jpg

DSCF0859.jpg

DSCF0860.jpg

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

No pics from me as at 5.45am I'm not very good at remembering memory cards for my camera!

Well done to everyone who turned up, SLEGS will prevail whatever the weather. Our cars aren't made of paper and all did well to drive in the terrible weather without mishap. Even on my trackday special semi-slicks the car was rock solid and although I'll not make a habit of snow driving it wasn't a handful at all!

My first trip to Goodwood and I'm not sure my kids will want to come again despite the constant flow of bacon butties to them! We had a good turnout and I'm looking forward to SLEGS becoming more established over the summer months. That's my 3rd meet in 4 weekends and 2 out of the 3 have been in the snow!

Extra special thanks to Alex for being a star and to Cliff for his very kind hospitality on the way home. :smoke:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Just catching up after getting back on tue glad to see you guys made it the old man bottled out and hes only 5mins away!!

Anyway I was doubly pissed off as as well as missing this and going to a bloody christening no covering of snow down in the south west which was where I was so missed out on all fronts great pics though!

Sign in to follow this