free hit
counters
NMEG detailing day 13th April - Page 2 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
arbell9

NMEG detailing day 13th April

Alex,

How about if we all meet at that Little Thief just off jct 18 M6? If we leave there at 9am will that be ok?

Dave Barny, myself, Dave Oneshot and Peter (Oogie) could meet first at the hotel on jct 15 of the M6 at say 8.30am

I imagine Phil will be with you and Superdave will probably meet us there.

How does that sound to everyone concerned?

Cheers,

Graham.

Ho Graham ,

superb plan of action, only back online today after playing with the slegs in the snow and then spending tim edrinking beer in guildford, I mean working at conference!

All meet as laid out above.

Alex

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

alex,

can you please pm me with the address so I know where to go?

regards,

Dave Walters

Hi Folks

the adress for Sundays outing is (Matt ok'ed it to go on the forum)

Unit 7

Maritime Enterprise Park

Atlas Road

L20 4DY

have a good day out boys

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Thanks Howard.

The hotel on jct 15 M6 is the Holiday Inn. If you're coming off the M6 it's first left at the roundabout and the hotel about 300 yds on the left. I would suggest the furthest of the 2 car parks because there's usually more space.

Peter, if you're coming along the A50 then take the left where it joins the A500 (think it'll be sign posted M6 South.....NOT M6 NORTH). Over the flyover and down to the roundabout. Take the 3rd exit and hotel is about 300 yds on the left.

We'll be leaving the hotel car park at 8.30am people so if you get there too late, aim for the next meeting point..........the Little Chef off jct 18 M6. From memory, its left at the top of the slip road and then on for about half a mile before coming to a roundabout with the Little Chef just the otherside.

See you tomorrow folks,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

.the Little Chef off jct 18 M6. From memory, its left at the top of the slip road and then on for about half a mile before coming to a roundabout with the Little Chef just the otherside.

See you tomorrow folks,

Graham.

Take 1st left at round about at J18, drive about 1 mile, teh Salt Cellr pub will be on your left. The little thief and shell garage is immediately after the round about. You go across the round about and take the entrance for the petrol station and you can t miss it.

Alex

To confirm,

I will definately be there. Not sure how long for as I've not got an all day pass unfortunately.

Dave Walters

I would like to say thanks to Alex for organising this one.

I really enjoyed the entire day.

Met Peter (Mr Oogie Boogie) for the first time. Early arrival at the hotel meant time for a quick coffee..........they sure know how to charge!

Then on to the Little Chef near Middlewich to meet up with Alex. From there to sunny (read wet) Liverpool. On the final approach both Sat Navs decided to go in different directions. I stuck with the 8 pot version and in the end we won.

The detailing place is spotless.........I suppose the nature of the work dictates this.

Present were a gorgeous 1968 Mk2 Jaguar (as per Morse) and a DB7 Vantage.

The Aston was badly marked (swirls and some deeper scratches caused by clumsy cleaner) but Matt (business owner) soon got to work and had most of them removed.

Baffled me with the choice of compounds and wheels to apply them with............must have been about 30 possible combinations!

Matt has a trained eye and can see things which the rest of us really have to look hard to find. He's got bucket-loads of patience and a rare skill. You quickly feel your pride and joy is safe in his hands.

Small tubs of wax at

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Sign in to follow this