free hit
counters
Door Mirror - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
neill1607

Door Mirror

Hi guys,

New to Lotus ownership so I'm sure I'll have loads of questions in future, although the info on this forum is great.

I need to get a new drivers door mirror glass for an 88 esprit turbo, it fell out on the M1!

I've managed to get a mirror from a Citroen Xantia which is about the right size & have cut it down to fit, but it's not right - I'd rather have the proper one.

Can anyone tell me which mirror glass I should get my local garage to order as they don't have a clue.

Thanks.

Neill

Hooligan at heart.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Get one from Lotus, it will be the best

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

can't believe some of the price reductions on that list - but I can't see a mirror glass for an '88 there - am I going blind? have you got the part number?

Ta

Hooligan at heart.

A082M6295F Mirror Glass-Convex Pre 89 Esprit Turbo 9.76 2.00 40

A082M6296F Mirror Glass-Etched Pre 89 Esprit Turbo 14.14 2.00 26

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I'm sure the one that was on there wasn't convex, so I guess it's the etched one I need, but do you what the etched bit says/means.

Thanks again

Hooligan at heart.

The plastic mounting for the mirror is still there but the glass has all gone.

Reading further through Bibs' link it doesn't like like Lotus would ship to the dealer here in Jersey as technically we're not actually in the UK - the English Channel gets in the way!

I'll have to have a word with the dealer in Poole to see if they can send it to me, if ordered, or hang to it 'till I can get someone to pick it up from them.

A stick on job from Halfords maybe the easiest option.

Hooligan at heart.

The plastic mounting for the mirror is still there but the glass has all gone.

Reading further through Bibs' link it doesn't like like Lotus would ship to the dealer here in Jersey as technically we're not actually in the UK - the English Channel gets in the way!

I'll have to have a word with the dealer in Poole to see if they can send it to me, if ordered, or hang to it 'till I can get someone to pick it up from them.

A stick on job from Halfords maybe the easiest option.

I know the guys in Poole very well, if you want me to do anything give me a shout as I am not very far from them and they will get me a cup of tea while I'm there.

Phil

98GT3

Thanks Phil, I've asked Bibs to try & get Lotus to send it to Jersey & if not, to Poole.

I'll let you know when I hear anything more.

Neill

Hooligan at heart.