free hit
counters
My last mod - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Xsesiv

My last mod

hello,

finally after see another cars I decide to I need to view oil pressure,temperature and turbo pressure in my esprit, I think this is really important , before V8-GT at 1998 esprit have all clocks, and after 1998 changed the interior look, and only install coolant temperature.

what do you think? is good idea ?

Greetings,albino.

post-407-1204369374.jpg

post-407-1204369388.jpg

post-407-1204369399.jpg

post-407-1204369444.jpg

post-407-1204369455.jpg

post-407-1204369464.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

:sofa: Brilliant, that made me laugh out loud! Talk about lateral thinking. When you mentioned my least favourite word "MOD" I started to twitch as usual, scrolling down the pics of knives etc expecting to see guages screwed all over the place but that's so stealthy. Does it live in a box in the boot?

Suppose the next stage is to get graphical representations like the Freescan thing, but that's getting really clever.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

:sofa:

I did wonder where on earth you were going to stick those fluffy dials! Nice work! :sofa:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Wouldn't it have been easier to have OBDII software running on a PDA. Most bits of software allow you to set what sensors you want to monitor. They even allow you to display them as 'analogue' gauges. An added advantage is that you can also interrogate and clear any error codes.

Regards,

Peter.

Edited by peter_england99

That is absolutely awesome!!! LOVE IT!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Wouldn't it have been easier to have OBDII software running on a PDA. Most bits of software allow you to set what sensors you want to monitor. They even allow you to display them as 'analogue' gauges. An added advantage is that you can also interrogate and clear any error codes.

Regards,

Peter.

hello, the box with gauges I will install in front of car near the emergency wheel,

Peter how I can get software for a PDA? if I do this I will see in realtime all?

thanks, Greetings Albino.

http://www.obd-2.de/screenpsp.html

something like that! :blush:

...or just one of the severall other optional products

( i prefer VE, but thats on a notebook..)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Great idea, Definately different.

I like this idea of the pda software though as I have one of those which I use for tomtom.

Is there a recommended software for the V8???

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

"VE" (german version actual 1.46/ English 1.51 or so) is the actual version on my system. Some say it is not the best, some say it is not the cheapest, or simply to confusing. I use it now for several years (with steady all inclusive software updates, and special hardware warranty support...) I's functional on both of my cars.

Some of you guys know that I'm a "fearless" mechanic, and that gets me into trouble from time to time. It is always good to have a notebook that can read what your Esprit want to say.. :thumbup:

(the first test runs and data recordings of my ethanol-mod where realised with that system)

Esprit V8 is *ISO 9141* protocol data language!

Ask Mr. M

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..