free hit
counters
Mystery electronic beep? - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

While doing a little preparation to my S3 Turbo yesterday before then engine comes out next saturday, i heard a double electronic beep followed by a lengthy delay (maybe 2mins or more) then another double beep! It seemed to be coming from behind the cabin? I am wondering if its a low coolant alarm as i had just drained the coolant - but i have heard this noise before i had done the drain down. It was maybe a week ago but just thought it was one of the many beeps and chirps my mobile makes when the mood takes it!

Any body got any ideas?

SiF

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not fitted!

and the beeps occured when the car was running too! I was using the engine to drain the coolant (don't worry i only ran it for about 2-3minutes!)

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Is it still doing it?

I'm fairly certain that nothing as a standard fitment to the car would make this noise and being a car from the mid-80's, bleeps in cars weren't really the done thing. Seen your mobile recently?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.